ABOUT THE ROLE
In 2022 Generation is establishing and leading a high-profile project - the ‘Hub’ - to support Londoners from disadvantaged backgrounds and those worst affected by the pandemic into good, entry-level tech jobs, backed up by significant employer demand.
The Hub, unique in London, aims to change the system. It will bring an amazing coalition of sector leading organisations - Youth Employment UK, Prince’s Trust, Catch 22, Multiverse, QA, BDC, and more - to significantly boost awareness and uptake of life-changing opportunities, bootcamp and apprenticeships training, and careers in the tech sector with a focus on diverse and disadvantaged groups. The project also has the support of a number of leading tech companies (you know who they are!).
The Hub aims to operate at scale, reaching several thousand Londoners and hundreds of employers over the next 2 years.
The focus of the Hub's work will be a unique set of half day engagement events for unemployed Londoners to find out about careers in tech, training opportunities available for them across partners, hear from successful past beneficiaries, and interview for opportunities in pre-arranged matchmaking sessions. There will also be an always on hub webpage, engagement events for employers and a research workstream codifying best practices in the space.
The Hub Marketing And Events Manager, reporting to the Hub Director as part of a small team, will lead the Hub’s promotional and awareness building activity. They will lead end to end marketing and event planning to maximise engagement from the unemployed with Hub support.
It’s an exciting opportunity for someone who relishes the challenge of marketing and building an identity for and wide awareness around a new idea, online and at events, to ultimately drive social impact.
Generation is a charity in the UK with the mission to train, coach, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible.
Our work focuses on supporting people from diverse groups facing barriers to employment. Our innovative bootcamps train learners for roles in high demand including cloud computing, data engineering, software engineering, health and care, IT support, customer support, and data analytics. We also recently launched a new programme placing people into emerging roles tackling climate change in the retrofit.
By joining Generation UK&I now, you will become part of an organisation committed to social impact. The work is fast-paced, exciting, and innovative. The impact is clear.
To suceed you'll need to be:
- An entrepreneurial doer, excited to do things for the first time
- A planner who sees plans through
- A marketeer who can generate wide awareness
- An organised and self-motivated professional managing multiple workstreams at pace
- Passionate about the cause
You’ll need the following experience:
- Track record delivering multi-channel marketing campaigns with a ~>£5k budget
- Experience planning and hosting well-attended events
Working at Generation in the UK & I you’ll get:
- Purpose and social impact in the heart of your work
- Flexible working as per your role requirement
- Access to productive co- working space at WeWork with Generation UK & I and global team/s
- WFH set up support of £300
- Access to upto £1,000 towards your learning & development per year. And up to 5 days of training days/ study leave per year to support your development.
- Opportunity to shadow Generation global team/s & workings in other countries.
- 25 days annual leave
A FAIR CHANCE
Every role at Generation is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other aspect that makes you, well, you.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and all staff members are required to pass a basic DBS check.
You can download a job description for more detail about the role and the organisation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.