Generation's mission is to provide a career-launching job for every young person, anywhere in the world.
We are a not-for-profit social enterprise that delivers tailored programmes to recruit, train and place unemployed young people into work. Though our unique approach we also solve a wide range of employer challenges—skilled talent shortages, poor job performance, lack of diversity, and high turnover.
Generation launched globally in 2015, and has grown quickly to become the world’s largest demand-led youth employment initiative. We have placed over 30,000 young people into roles (many of whom have suffered some form of adversity), working with over 2,000 employer partners to date across 10 countries and 26 professions.
Generation successfully launched the first UK programmes in March 2019, following 18 months of planning. This included a healthcare programme developed in collaboration with the NHS, and a Cloud Operations programme developed in collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS). Following successful pilots, both programmes are now being scaled up, and we are expanding across London, Manchester, Birmingham, Dublin.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone to help us manage our grant from the Greater London Authority (with funding from the European Social Fund) to support programming across London. Reporting to the Programme Lead, this is a new role that would suit someone who has extensive experience working with European Social Fund grants, and with a strong background in compliance. It will also involve putting systems and processes in place to meet donor requirements, so it's a great opportunity to make your mark, and set things up right.
There are four main areas of responsibility:
- Work closely with the Central programme team to assist in the development and review of Generation policies, processes, tools, templates and guidelines as needed to ensure optimal implementation and understanding of ESF compliance requirements;
- Ensure quality assurance is provided to select processes for internal compliance. For example, manage and conduct compliance audits to ensure that internal review and approval processes for awards are being followed;
- Work with UK Finance partner to ensure ongoing compliance across the London portfolio with legal requirements, our grant conditions, ESF reporting requirements and best practice
- Act as the focal point for all major compliance matters related to ESF funding, and ensure recommendations and audit findings are acted upon
2. Supporting delivery staff
- In collaboration with the Programme and Partnerships Director, provide interpretation of ESF donor compliance regulations / policies as needed programme delivery staff;
- Engage with programme team as needed to provide input and develop solutions on major compliance matters;
- Support Programme Managers to address risk or concerns relating to their programmes, elevating risks or concerns to the Programme and Partnerships Director as required
- Provide relevant and necessary training on compliance matters;
3. ESF programme reporting
- Ensure reporting requirements for ESF funding in London are met and reports submitted on time
- Maximise the income received from ESF grant funded programmes and minimise exclusions
4. Contribute to the wider success and growth of Generation in the UK & globally
- Contribute to the ongoing development of data collection and grant management processes.
- Help develop Generation’s understanding of the needs and attributes of European Social Fund, feeding this back to internal teams as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of ROI frameworks, tools and data collection processes for existing and new job roles and oversee any necessary data collection process for ESF
At Generation, we're changing the lives of many young adults, and that in itself gets us out of bed! Here are a few other benefits you'll experience working with the UK team:
- Work alongside some of the best minds to tackle one of the most pressing issues of our time—youth unemployment.
- Opportunity to make your mark - you'll have a lot of autonomy to bring the Generation blueprint to life in a way that makes sense for your region.
- Opportunity to get involved with a range of activities and projects - we're a small team so there's lots of opportunities to get involved!
- Flexible working - we try and accommodate everyone's preferred working pattern / preferences.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.