Job Title: Finance & Operations Manager
Hours: Full time/ permanent
Salary: £45,067 - £51,529
We are working in partnership with The Geographical Association (the GA), the leading subject association for all teachers of geography to appoint a Finance & Operations Manager. The GA is a registered charity and a membership organisation that exists ‘to further geographical knowledge and understanding through education’ and it is one of the leading subject teaching organisations.
This is an exciting opportunity within a well-recognised organisation, with overall responsibility to ensure the GA business and financial administration and membership services support the GA’s charitable mission and that they contribute to the sustainable future development of the Association.
The Finance & Operations Manager will be a convincing advocate for geography education and the Association, and the key responsibilities are:
- Work closely with the Chief Executive and Honorary Treasurer to plan for the future financial sustainability of the GA and to ensure that the GA’s strategic plan is underpinned by robust financial plans and risk assessment
- Manage the GA’s financial accounting processes, prepare GA annual forecasts and budgets, monthly management accounts and business plans for selected GA activities
- Act as the main point of contact for HMRC, the GA’s investment managers, bankers and auditors
- Membership development and services - provide leadership in respect of the GA’s membership, ensuring the growth and development of GA membership over time
- Fundraising - drive the development of the GA’s strategy and tactical approaches to individual giving, major donations and legacies, liaising where needed with GA staff and volunteers
- Oversee the GA’s premises maintenance and building development plans, warehouse operations and IT systems
- As a member of the SLT, work closely with the Chief Executive and other members of the SLT in support of the strategic development of the GA, including the implementation of the current strategic plan
- As the Company Secretary for the GA, act as the GA contact for the Charity Commission, maintain a comprehensive account of GA contractual agreements with third parties and advise on contractual liabilities and/or responsibilities
- Oversee GA human resources management and lead and manage the membership manager and finance team members.
The successful candidate will have the drive and initiative to manage membership and business activity and contribute to the growth of the Association. An excellent self-manager with the ability to prioritise and with expert knowledge of finance systems/business administration, you will be able to demonstrate the qualifications to support this. You will have a thorough approach and very high degree of accuracy in all respects.
If you feel you have the drive and passion to succeed in this role, we very much look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your CV and supporting statement in a word document to Adam Stacey, Associate Director of Charisma Charity Recruitment quoting our reference JO2775.
Closing date for applications: 13 September 2020
1st interview date: 29 September 2020
2nd interview date: 13 October 2020