Reporting to the Director of Fundraising, this role will require the successful applicant to formulate and deliver strategic and operational plans to grow legacies fundraising activity for Brain Tumour Research.
Job title: Gifts in Wills Manager
Location: Head Office, Milton Keynes. Home working also considered.
Salary: c. £30,000 dependent on experience
Hours of work: Full time, 9 am– 5pm, plus reasonable additional hours necessary to perform duties
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Proven experience of developing and implementing a legacy strategy encompassing marketing and fundraising campaigns.
- Experience of cultivating supporters through to legacy ask.
- Experience of developing and delivering stewardship plans for enquirers, pledgers and legators.
- Knowledge of legacy administration including associated legal and financial processes.
- Outstanding communication skills, including an excellent standard of written English.
- Experience in managing and motivating staff and/or volunteers.
- Experience of legacy administration (desirable).
- Develop a new legacy proposition for the Charity to use across its fundraising operations.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to develop the implementation of a legacy marketing campaign, and monitor this campaign to ensure income is maximised.
- Promote legacy giving using multiple channels to supporters, volunteers and staff.
- Develop, implement and monitor an effective stewardship programme - a Supporter Journey for enquirers, pledgers and legators.
- Work with the Director of Finance and Operations to develop and implement processes to monitor the pipeline of legacy notifications and income.
- Work with the Director of Finance and Operations to monitor and forecast income budgets for legacy administration.
- Organise and manage events to inform supporters of the benefits of leaving a legacy.
- Contribute to the Charity’s In Memory strategy in order to assist an increase In Memory income, and to maximise conversion of donors into legacy pledgers.
- Oversee on-going and new relationships with solicitors, including being the main point of contact between the Charity and the National Free Wills Network.
- Maintain the Charity’s membership of, and be the main point of contact for, the Remember A Charity organisation, including during Remember A Charity Week and its lead up.
- Ensure that central administration systems in place at Brain Tumour Research are complied with and that all information relating to pledgers and legators is correctly entered onto Brain Tumour Research’s database.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, with the Code of Fundraising Practice, and with official guidance issued by the Fundraising Regulator
- Comply with Brain Tumour Research’s internal policies as appropriate.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by Management.
Closing date: Monday 17th April 2017
Please send your CV, with a covering letter, demonstrating why you are a suitable candidate, how you could add value to our organisation and detailing your current salary.
No agencies please.