The Development Officer (Digital Groups) will oversee the development, piloting and set up, of digital groups within Gingerbread’s peer support services. A key aspect of the role is to ensure that digital groups are developed to allow single parents to connect digitally with each other in a safe and supportive environment. The post holder will champion Gingerbread’s vision of a society in which single parent families are valued and where they and their children are treated equally and fairly.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the development and piloting of digital groups as a service for single parents; this may include supporting with user research and testing as directed by the Peer Support Manager and in collaboration with other members of peer support and digital teams
- Liaise with our external digital support agency to assist with the creation of pilot digital groups, and troubleshoot any technical problems
- Lead on running any focus groups, consultations or coproduction activities to facilitate best practice in refining the model for digital groups
- Work with any external consultants who may advise us on specific community groups (e.g. single parent dads)
- Develop fair and transparent recruitment processes for volunteer digital administrators/moderators or group leads, to reflect the diversity of our beneficiaries and be a main point of contact
- Develop and deliver training and support programmes for digital group participants, group leads, volunteer digital administrators and/or moderators which can be delivered remotely
- Escalate safeguarding concerns following Gingerbread protocols
- Collate and report on data relating to activity, demographics and membership of the digital groups
- To contribute to impact monitoring and ensure monitoring compliances are met
- Be an internal champion for the digital groups, sharing useful insights from users in a collaborative way to support Gingerbread’s wider objectives
Please submit your CV and supporting statement, highlighting your suitability for the role, via Charity Jobs.