Job Title: Interim Director of Services
Salary: £53K-£60K FTE depending on experience
Hours of work: 9 Month contract
We are working in partnership with GIPSIL, who work with children, young people and families in the most disadvantaged communities in Leeds to realise their potential. GIPSIL’s services include ‘Community Health Prevention’, therapeutic and wellbeing services for the local community and schools across Leeds, ‘Our Way Leads’ (OWL), a housing support service for Young People and ‘Engage Leeds’, a homeless prevention service for adults and families across Leeds.
Having experienced significant changes within the past year, whilst maintaining momentum, GIPSIL now seek an Interim Director of Services on a 9-month contract to assist in the development of the organisation’s enabling strands and to ensure service delivery, driving forward key changes within the organisation. This will be achieved by providing direct line management to members of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and the People’s Team Manager, providing strategic leadership, developing teamwork and the sharing of best practice across all GIPSIL services.
The successful candidate will bring a fresh pair of eyes to look at systems and advise and collaborate with the SMT and board on a resilient permanent structure for our growing, values-based organisation. They will have:
- Demonstrable track record of strategic management of a variety of support services meeting the needs of a wide range of client groups with complex needs including children and young people, homeless people, care leavers, vulnerable families and those experiencing mental health issues
- Experience of leading successful significant change management in an environment which promotes inclusion, equality of opportunity and diversity
- Experience of identifying service areas which can be enhanced via integration, sharing best practice and facilitating teamwork between services including the use IT platforms to maximise connectivity
- Experience of identifying unmet need and service area gaps and appropriate funding to enhance existing and to develop new strategically relevant and viable services
- Experience of co-producing services with those who use our services, staff and stakeholders including responding to feedback to make improvements
- Substantial experience of report writing, developing and implementing restorative organisational policies, procedures and guidance documents
The Interim Director of Services will have experience of managing staff who are working remotely, co-located and work across different sites and delivering staff reflective supervision and support. They should also ensure delivery within the organisation’s Core Values: Restorative Practice, Inclusion and Cohesion and Excellence.
The duration of the role is for a total period of 9 months, with recommendations in relation to a more permanent structure to be agreed by board within the first 3 to 4 months and you will provide support until this structure is in place; a 9-month placement would allow for the recruitment process and also to have additional capacity until a permanent structure is in place.
To apply for this role, please e-mail your CV and Supporting Statement to Adam Stacey, Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment, quoting our reference JO2815.
Closing date for applications: Please apply ASAP, due to interim nature of the role.