You will join us as a Finance Specialist responsible for the purchase ledger which will include managing the invoice process, including making bank payments to UK and international suppliers.
Finance Specialist Responsibilities:
• Receive and check all supplier invoices against our bespoke contract management system to ensure supplier invoices are in accordance to pricing agreements and flag any discrepancies with managers and suppliers.
• Process all invoices into the finance systems for payment in accordance with agreed timescales, ensuring that invoices are coded correctly and appropriately authorised
• Ensure the Accounts Payable account is reconciled to the balance sheet and maintained correctly
• To run the transaction listing report weekly and chase budget holders to ensure they approve any outstanding invoices in time for the payment run.
• Receive, check and process employee, director and external customer expenses and ensuring they are in line with the Company’s expenses policy
Finance Specialist Requirements:
• Have at least two years’ experience working in a finance transactions role.
• Being AAT or part-CABA qualified would be advantageous, we would also consider colleagues with more extensive practical experience who are working towards such qualifications.
• Ideal candidates will need to be familiar with core accounting principles.
• Have experience working with one or more accounts packages
About Girl Effect:
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in the places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with. And it's all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
Location: London, W1F 0DE
Hours: Full Time Flexible, Fixed Term Contract until 30th March 2021
Salary: £Competitive + excellent benefits package
Closing Date: 3rd June 2020
You may have experience of the following: Financial Controller, Accountant, Management Accountant, Commercial Accountant, Assistant Financial Controller, Qualified Accountant, Finance Manager, Finance Officer, Finance Administrator, ACCA, CIMA, etc.