Girlguiding is the leading charity for girls and young women in the UK. Across Rainbows, Brownies, Guides and Rangers, Girlguiding gives girls and young women a space where they can be themselves, have fun, build brilliant friendships, gain valuable life skills, and make a positive difference to their lives and their communities.
Split into 10 countries and regions, Girlguiding is truly nationwide and connects with over 500,000 people per year. To remain vibrant and relevant to young people, Girlguiding is undergoing significant organisation-wide change and transformation - and as such, this is an exciting time to join!
The Commercial Finance Manager is a new opportunity to join their ambitious, busy, and dynamic Trading Services Team (the Trading subsidiary to Girlguiding) which has a turnover of £7M. Reporting to the Head of Trading, the Commercial Finance Manager will drive all aspects of the trading subsidiary finances and will provide commercial acumen to drive change in systems, stock/warehousing, planning, and reporting - tracking progress to sustain the retail pace. The role will manage and develop a small team to run the successful day-to-day finance operations.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead and develop the Trading Finance team and oversee the smooth running of all the accounting functions, bookkeeping, banking, payments, receipts, and cash flow management for the Trading Company
- Manage the day-to-day operations and updates of the Finance and associated systems.
- Produce monthly management accounts for the Trading Company and Board management reporting in accordance with the timetable.
- Prepare the year-end finance statements and to take the lead on the year-end audit.
- Produce, with the Head of Trading, annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts.
- Manage and control the processing of all payments and related issues of the Girlguiding annual subscriptions process.
What you'll offer us:
- A Finance qualification (CCAB) coupled with solid experience of trading, stock, or commercial financial control - including driving margins through price and cost analysis
- Experience in managing a multi-skilled finance team
- A track record of producing management information, monthly management accounts and year-end accounts.
- Experience in driving a commercial company forward as well as the ability to support the delivery of strategic objectives
- Attention to detail, a love of people, self-motivation, and a passion to drive change!
What we'll offer you:
- 25 days' paid Holiday each year, rising to 30 (with tenure), and the ability to buy 5 more
- 15% Pension (we contribute 10%, and you 5%), plus 4x Salary Life Assurance
- A truly flexible working environment including Flexitime, TOIL, and Family Friendly policies
- Healthcare, Eyesight Tests, Gym Discounts, Flu Vaccination, a Career Break, and many more!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.