INTRODUCTION TO GIRLS NOT BRIDES
Girls Not Brides is the only global organisation uniquely focused on creating and sustaining a worldwide movement to end child marriage and ensuring that this movement leads to tangible change for the girls at risk or affected by the practice. We are a network of over 1,600 civil society organisations in over 100 countries working in partnership to end child marriage.
Our vision is a world without child marriage where girls and women enjoy equal status with boys and men and are able to achieve their full potential in all aspects of their lives.
INTRODUCTION TO THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for a Member Engagement Associate. Based within the Partnership, Learning, and Impact team, you will report to the Senior Member Engagement Officer and work closely with various other colleagues.
The successful individual will have wide ranging responsibilities including managing membership application processes and systems, ensuring ongoing member data management and reporting, ongoing member engagement and communication, and supporting the delivery of learning and capacity strengthening opportunities for members.
We are looking for a highly organised and motivated early-career professional with a keen eye for detail, experience of working in an administrative role within the international development or NGO sector, and with excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills. French or Spanish language skills are highly desired.
London, UK (hybrid with three days on site)
Senior Member Engagement Officer or such other position that Girls Not Brides may determine.
£28,000 rising on an annual incremental basis. Girls Not Brides also offers a generous 10% pension.
This is a permanent full-time role. The successful candidate must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Manage membership application processes and systems
- Tracking and processing new membership applications, ensuring that due diligence standards are met, and that membership policies are upheld.
- Working with other teams to coordinate member outreach in accordance with strategic priorities.
- Working with colleagues to coordinate and deliver a comprehensive induction process for new members.
- Support the periodic review and dissemination of membership policies, including support with coordinating membership termination processes.
- Support wider member due diligence work as necessary, including the vetting and documentation process for existing members due to receive financial support from the secretariat.
Ongoing member data management and reporting
- Ongoing maintenance of the organisation’s CRM system, Salesforce, ensuring that member data is updated and can be used for effective analysis and reporting.
- Ensure member-related data is accurate and consistent across all different platforms, including the Girls Not Brides website.
- Ensuring that the online membership application form remains fit-for-purpose in all three official secretariat languages and that it is seamlessly integrated with Salesforce.
- Run membership reports, including developing annual membership analyses and regular membership updates for effective reporting and evaluation.
- Support the development of processes for gathering member feedback (e.g. member surveys).
Ongoing member engagement and communication
- Act as first point of contact for members, managing ongoing member queries as well as monitoring the ‘info’ inbox.
- Supporting member-to-member engagement by connecting members with each other and signposting them to relevant opportunities.
- Support cross-team projects to ensure the integration of a member engagement component in relevant activities (e.g. as part of advocacy campaigns, media opportunities, working groups activities).
- Operational and logistical support for member-related events, including online webinars and in-country workshops, as required.
Support the delivery of learning and capacity strengthening opportunities for members
- Identify funding opportunities for the wider membership and compile them in a monthly newsletter for members.
- Help to ensure that capacity strengthening opportunities and tools are effectively shared with members.
- Support with the development of strategic partnerships and resources on fundraising (including guidelines, webinars, tools).
Wider Organisational Responsibilities
- Commit to the mission and vision of Girls Not Brides, putting these at the forefront of all planning, work and actions.
- Uphold the core values of Girls Not Brides in all areas of work and interactions with colleagues, members, partners and other stakeholders.
- Line manage roles and consultants as necessary, delegating responsibilities and tasks as appropriate.
- Comply with Girls Not Brides policies and processes, with particular note for safeguarding, diversity and inclusion, the code of conduct and data protection.
- Prepare and deliver reports for the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Trustees, as necessary.
- Ensure that internal databases and monitoring information are kept fully up-to-date.
- Commit to ongoing personal development and learning.
- Fulfil any other reasonable requests for the advancement of Girls Not Brides.
- Bachelor’s level degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Experience of working with database maintenance and management (such as Salesforce).
- Experience with the maintenance and management of organisational processes and systems.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Excellent administration skills and an ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities.
- Highly reliable, organised and proactive in identifying and highlighting opportunities to colleagues and members.
- Proficiency in recent versions of Microsoft Office suite, project management tools, monitoring and tracking systems, and use of databases.
- Knowledge of the NGO and grassroots sector within international development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain relationships remotely.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Essential values and attributes
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of Girls Not Brides including understanding of approaches to enhance women and girl’s rights and leadership and support gender equality.
- Skilled team worker with an inclusive and collaborative approach, in line with Girls Not Brides’ values.
- Fluent written and spoken Spanish and/or French is highly desirable.
- Experience of working with civil society and grassroots organisations internationally.
- Communications Assistant or Executive Assistant experience, and/or experience working for a membership organisation.
- Understanding of basic monitoring and evaluation processes.
Girls Not Brides is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk with whom our staff and representatives work and interface. Any employment with Girls Not Brides may be subject to the satisfactory completion of a background check and a criminal records check which can include but is not limited to: an overseas police record check, a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (for those based in the UK) or an International Criminal Record Check (if applicable).
How to apply
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
The closing date for this role is 09:00 BST on Monday 6 June 2022.
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply now’ button on the job page and submit your CV and a brief cover letter clearly demonstrating how you meet the criteria.
We regret that due to the large number of applications anticipated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.