The Supporter Engagement Officer will be a key member of GiveOut's small staff team, helping to shape and lead the fundraising work of this award-winning LGBTQI rights charity.
Position: Supporter Engagement Officer
Salary: £25,000-£27,500 plus pension
Leave: 25 days paid annual leave (rising by 1 additional day for each year of service up to 28 days) plus 1 day around your birthday or LGBTQI celebration and days over the Christmas week
Hours: Full-time role, with potential to consider alternative proposed models
Location: Central London, with occasional travel
Reports to: Executive Director
Responsible for: Intern/Volunteers
GiveOut is an award-winning charity working to grow giving to support the global struggle for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, and intersex (LGBTQI) human rights.
Across the world, LGBTQI people face serious human rights abuses for being themselves. Courageous activists are doing vital work to protect and improve the lives of LGBTQI people, but they are under-resourced. GiveOut works to address this problem by enabling individuals and businesses to give in one place to support LGBTQI activism worldwide. The charity distributes these pooled donations as grants to activist-led organisations around the world, ensuring they have more of the resources they need to defend their communities and campaign for equality.
GiveOut is working to build a community of individual donors, giving in solidarity to support LGBTQI human rights globally. Last year, the charity launched the GiveOut 100 Circle, recognising GiveOut's founding individual donors. At the same time, GiveOut is developing exciting corporate partnerships, encouraging businesses to provide in-kind and financial support to the global movement for LGBTQI human rights.
The Supporter Engagement Officer will be a key member of GiveOut's small team, helping to shape GiveOut’s fundraising work. They will undertake research to identify supporters, develop and maintain the supporter database, organise meetings and innovative events to engage supporters, represent GiveOut externally and work with the rest of the team to communicate impact. There will also be opportunities to work with the Executive Director in developing and supporting corporate partnerships.
The role works closely with and reports to the Executive Director and, it is envisaged, will oversee the work of the Intern and volunteers supporting GiveOut’s supporter engagement work. The Supporter Engagement Officer will bring new ideas and experience to GiveOut, while having the opportunity to develop skills around supporter engagement, learn about LGBTQI human rights activism around the world, and play a key role in helping to build this new international charity.
- Help to shape and lead GiveOut's fundraising work.
- Undertake research to identify potential supporters/donor prospects.
- Develop, maintain and update the supporter database.
- Draft emails, letters and other communications to supporters.
- Help raise major gifts from individual donors by developing long term relationships.
- Represent GiveOut externally at networking events, including occasional evening work.
- Organise innovative supporter events.
- Report to supporters on successes and impact.
- Write short articles and social media posts on supporter stories.
- Support the team in developing proposals and concept notes for sponsorship from corporate and institutional donors.
- Contribute to a dynamic, fun and effective organisation.
- Work towards realising GiveOut's vision, mission and values.
What does success look like?:
- An innovative and successful fundraising programme.
- A community of individual supporters engaged through regular communications, meetings and events.
- An up-to-date supporter database.
- Increased donations to support LGBTQI activism worldwide, helping GiveOut to fundraise more money year-on-year.
- A dynamic, fun and effective organisation.
- An organisation that is respected and valued by supporters and grantee partners alike.
Skills and experience:
- At least two years' fundraising experience and a track record of success.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing the human rights of LGBTQI people.
- An undergraduate degree or professional qualification in a relevant field.
- Experience developing, maintaining and updating donor databases and/or customer relationship manager databases.
- Strong customer/supporter focus, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly motivated, with a strong work ethic.
- Good working knowledge of standard Office software e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
How to apply:
To apply for the role, please email your CV, a cover letter explaining why you are the best fit for the role, and references to Rupert Abbott at GiveOut. For more information, visit our website.
Your cover letter should be 500 words or less and your CV should be on no more than two A4 sides.
The deadline for applications is 11pm on Tuesday 3 March 2020. Interviews are planned to be held in central London in March 2020. While we hope to respond to all applicants, we can only commit to contact short-listed applicants and feedback can only be offered to interviewed applicants.
GiveOut is an equal opportunities employer.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.