The post holder will be responsible for the following:
Community and Event Fundraising Support
• Act as Glass Door’s first point of contact for all community and event inquiries.
• Build and maintain relationships with community and event fundraisers, ensuring they are supported before, during and after their events.
• Register supporters and coordinate the sending of welcome packs, merchandise and thank you letters.
• Support on certain community fundraising, cultivation and stewardship events, including the annual Sleep Out and the annual supporter drinks reception.
• Draft copy for, update and create community and event fundraising pages on the Glass Door website and promotional emails which can be sent through the Glass Door mailing platform.
• Support with identifying new prospective community supporters and assist with the development and fulfilment of targeted approaches.
Work closely with theCommunications team to:
• Encourage fundraisers to share their fundraising stories for inclusion on social media and our website.
• Plan and deliver any marketing, press and social media requirements for events.
• Develop and implement the new Community Champions scheme.
Other Fundraising Support
• Assist the Fundraising Managers in the delivery of electronic and postal direct marketing appeals.
• Assist the Fundraising Managers in the development of an in memoriam and legacy giving scheme.
• Manage the process for monitoring, thanking and recognising donations in kind, working with colleagues across the organisation.
• Manage the processing of donations, including scanning cheques, coding bank transfers and web donations, entering details in Donorflex database, banking cash, setting up Direct Debits, receiving in-kind donations and acknowledging/thanking donors via email or post.
• Create and update donor records on Donorflex, ensuring records are kept up to date, accurate and consistent at all times.
• Stay well informed of existing and new fundraising legislation and guidance from the Institute of Fundraising, ensure this is regularly communicated to the wider Fundraising team.
• Ensure all charity fundraising activity (including "in aid of" events) is compliant with relevant charity and statutory legislation and recognised code of practice.
• Support the Fundraising Managers through conducting research into prospective corporate, individual and trust/foundation donors.
• Work alongside the Data Manager to develop and use the functions of the CRM system (Donorflex).
• Enthusiastic, engaging manner, with the confidence to talk to fundraisers and supporters.
• Empathetic attitude towards homeless and vulnerably-housed people.
• A confident self-starter who will hit the ground running.
• A team worker with an open, collaborative style and a practical, “can-do” approach.
• Commitment to our values of being welcoming; being open to all, without prejudice; compassionate; believing individuals can turn their lives around; and knowing we can have a bigger impact when we work together.
• Commitment to and understanding of the issues relating to equality of opportunity and the ability to implement change in this area.
• Ability to adhere to and implement Health & Safety, HR and operational policies.
• Willing to travel around London for occasional meetings and events including some evenings and weekends.
Qualifications and Experience
• Educated to degree level.
• Experience of using a fundraising database to segment and select data, produce reports and analyse information.
• Understanding and demonstrable experience of the use of social media, JustGiving and other online fundraising tools and platforms
• Experience of basic copywriting to produce fundraising letters.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Competent IT skills in standard Microsoft packages: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook and supporter databases to maintain meticulous donor records and administration systems, in line with agreed protocols.
• Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail, especially record-keeping and electronic filing.
• Strong written English and numeracy skills.
• Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills, professional telephone manner.
• Able to forward plan and schedule workflows.
• Able to relate to and work with people from a range of backgrounds.
• Excellent time management skills; able to work proactively unsupervised and use own initiative.
• Experience using Donorflex, Mailchimp and Eventbrite (or similar).
• Experience of assisting with fundraising and community events.
• Experience of working alongside and managing volunteers.
• Experience of managing community relationships such as schools, churches or challenge events.
• Understanding of data protection requirements including GDPR and the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice
• Fundraising qualification.
• Driving licence.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.