The post holder will be responsible for the following:
Office & Facility Management
- Ensure the office space and facilities are organised and maintain office efficiency and productivity by planning and implementing office systems and layouts, allocating and managing office and storage space and procuring relevant equipment.
- Ensure that the meeting rooms are clean, tidy and maintained to a good standard and that booking systems are efficiently implemented.
- Ensure provision of an adequate supply of materials and supplies including equipment, stationery and sundries. Where suitable and cost-effective source ‘green’ suppliers and environmentally friendly products, promote recycling, sustainability and reduction of office waste.
- Organise and review office security and general administrative processes and induct new staff on relevant office processes, including data protection, security and fire safety.
- Ensure key office and facilities services are organised including cleaning, security, waste removal, light and heat, printing, furniture, postage and carriage services.
- Ensure that facilities meet all legal requirements and government regulations, environmental, health and security standards.
- Provide advice and support around continuity planning so that in the event of a fire or major failure the charity can continue to operate and recover quickly.
- Implement any internal office reorganisations whilst ensuring minimal disruption to staff.
- Manage all aspects of Reception, ensuring that we deliver high levels of customer service to staff, guests and other visitors, creating a warm and welcoming environment.
- Ensure that reception is adequately covered through staff and volunteers, and put in place a plan for lunch breaks, holidays and unexpected absence cover. Ensure that ad-hoc cover (e.g. volunteers) are adequately briefed and trained in Reception duties and priorities.
- Ensure that post and deliveries are appropriately managed and processed.
Information & Communication Technology
- Maintain a good working relationship with Glass Door’s ICT support contractors, ensuring that Glass Door’s ICT continues uninterrupted and following the disaster recovery plan in the event of any disruption.
- Working with the ICT support, ensure Glass Door’s ICT equipment is up to date and fit for purpose, and procuring new equipment as required. Arrange training and induction of staff/volunteers in policy and procedures for use of equipment.
- Manage information services and file archiving.
Office Building Management and Maintenance
- Plan, cost and oversee office maintenance, including repairs, redecoration, and PAT testing.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Landlord, including ensuring up-to-date office licences are in place and that we are being regularly invoiced.
- Maintain a secure office environment, including adequate procedures and systems; briefing staff on their responsibilities to maintain a safe, secure working environment.
- Provide project management advice and support for any office move as required at the end of a lease term, working with others as required.
Health and Safety
- Responsible for Health and Safety for the office and wider working environment for all staff.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation. Review, implement and manage the Health and Safety policy and Fire policy. Provide updates and advice to staff as necessary.
- Lead on all aspects of keeping staff working environments safe and risk assessed, including COVID-19 risk assessments.
- Ensure that DSE Risk Assessment for office-based staff and Risk Assessments for lone working staff are implemented effectively and deal with any issues accordingly.
- Recruit arrange training for and support fire marshals and first aiders (internal staff). Maintain the accident/incident book; report incidents within the required time frame; escalate issues accordingly.
- Support and line manage the office administrator and office volunteers.
- Conduct regular supervision meetings and performance appraisals.
- Manage the office & facilities budget, ensuring that spend is closely monitored and accurately recorded, within budget, is cost-effective and provides good value for money.
- Attend and participate in SMT meetings, and other ad hoc meetings when necessary.
- Undertake other ad hoc tasks as directed, such as assistance on Glass Door events and occasional administrative support to the CEO.
- Carry out the functions of the post with proper regard to Glass Door’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.