GLF Schools are looking to appoint a finance professional to support our Teaching Hub.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and qualified finance manager to join our highly successful finance team overseeing the GLF Teaching Hub.
The Finance Manager will work as part of the trust finance team, led by the Trust Finance Partner, to deliver an expert service to the Teaching Hub, including:
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting to inform Functional Leads, Executive team and Trust Board
- Management of day to day finance operations for the Teaching Hub/SCITT
- Development of improved and consistent financial processing to inform decision making and enable success of the teaching hub
- To work as part of the regional finance team delivering an expert service to Teaching Hub Team
The successful candidate will be based at the GLF Trust Office at The Beacon School in Banstead.
GLF Schools currently has 41 schools located in Surrey, Wokingham, Croydon, Oxfordshire and West Sussex. Our vision is to raise the aspirations and achievement of all children within the GLF family of schools. We believe that every child in our schools can achieve the highest academic standards whilst enjoying a vibrant, challenging and rich curriculum. Whilst operating as a part of a family, each school exists in its own right maintaining its own unique characteristics and individual identity.
About The Teaching Hub
The GLF Teaching Hub is the professional development centre, providing high quality initial teacher training, school to school support and professional development opportunities to all GLF Schools and our Partnership Schools.
What we are looking for
- A Qualified Accountant
- Experience of producing financial accounts using financial systems
- Experience of working within the education or charity sector
- Experience of working within a Finance Department
- Experience of using PSF Financials
- Positive and solution focused with a flexible approach to work
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Good communicator both orally and in writing
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
Hours: 36 hours a week, 52 weeks of the year (please note we may also consider part time applications, of at least 30 hours a week)
Salary: Senior Specialist £30,000 - £41,370 FTE per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: 2nd May 2021
Interview Date: TBC (Interviews will take place via video link)