We have an exceptional opportunity for a qualified finance professional to join our large Multi Academy Trust and lead our central Trust Finance Team.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Finance Partner to join our Trust Finance team. The role will involve partnering the functional Trust teams on all finance matters, cash management and overseeing SCITT/Teaching Hub as it expands. This role will be based at our Trust Office at The Beacon School, in Banstead.
Responsible to the Finance Controller, we require an individual who is a great team player and has excellent communication skills.
The successful candidate will work closely with our Trust finance team to ensure that resources are used as effectively as possible to ultimately to support of vision of providing the best possible education for children and young people.
We are interested to hear from qualified professionals that have gained experience either in Education or a similar industry.
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish.
Some of our benefits include:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Community and Collaboration
• Valued worker scheme
As part of GLF, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for all staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 40 academies or in our central team.
What we are looking for
The Finance Partner will empower their team to deliver day to day finances and support our academies to produce strategic budgets both short term and long term.
• Someone who holds a recognised accountancy qualification
• Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills and gravitas to liaise with senior staff in academies.
• Good team player and skilled at building relationships
• Has excellent all-round accounting skills
• Accustomed to working to tight reporting deadlines
• Be able to manage staff and motivate staff to achieve their goals
• Demonstrate good analytical skills and a positive approach to problem solving
• Have high level of Excel skills and good exposure to different accounting systems
Your role will include:
• Managing Finance Manager and Officers with the day-to-day running of the Trust finance function
• Reviewing monthly management accounts, including monthly forecasts, commentary and cash flow statements
• Supporting and guiding the budget holders and senior management in their financial management responsibilities
Hours: 36 hours a week, 52 weeks of the year (please note we may also consider part time applications, of at least 30 hours a week)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Leadership 1 £40,000
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date for applications: 2nd May 2021
Interview date: TBC (interviews will take place virtually)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.