Grants & Operations Assistant
Reports to: Grants & Programme Delivery Manger
Location: Leicester Square, London
Hours: 20hrs per week, PT
LET’S START BY TELLING YOU A BIT ABOUT US
Global is one of the world’s leading media & entertainment groups and Europe’s largest radio company. Global is home to some of the biggest and most loved media brands in the UK; Heart, Capital, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital Xtra and Gold. Every week, Global brands reach more than 31 million people, including more than 25 million on the radio alone. We’re also one of the leading outdoor advertising companies in the UK & Europe, with over 250,000 sites reaching 95% of the UK population.
‘Global Charities’ is the group’s official charity, so this presents a rare opportunity to work for a charity within a fast-paced media and entertainment business.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
Global Charities runs a national appeal, ‘Global’s Make Some Noise’ which funds and empowers small projects supporting disadvantaged children and young people in the communities in which we broadcast. Each year we unite our listeners, our friends in the music and entertainment business, and partners to raise money to change young lives. We raise funds in a variety of ways including broadcast appeals, events, corporate partnerships, challenges and digital. The ability to add radio sparkle to our fundraising mechanics makes us a unique and exciting charity. Since our first appeal in 2014 we have supported 256 charities and transformed the lives of 73,000 children and young people.
Our unique three-part promise (raising funds, raising awareness, raising the bar) means we are more than a traditional grant maker. We also raise awareness for our beneficiaries through Global’s media platforms and upskill their staff through training days.
This role sits on the Grants Team who work closely with the small but brilliant charities we support every year. The purpose of this role is to support the team in the smooth running of our grants & charities programme delivery, supporting our administrative processes, managing grants data and assisting with other operational activities.
You will also work with the wider charities team work to assist in the run-up and delivery of our Make Some Nosie appeal, help us deliver added-value work with charities and collect content for storytelling. A small part of your role will be dedicated to supporting the Director of the team with basic PA duties, and supporting the wider charity team with general administration.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work alongside the Grants team to support all aspects of the charity application and selection process including communicating with interested parties, summarising applications, compiling relevant information, conducting research as required, helping to organise related meetings and Grants Panels
- Preparing and processing funding agreements, reporting forms and other associated paperwork for grants
- Collecting and sharing information such as quotes, pictures, cases studies and radio interviews as well as arranging radio studio visits, project visits and interviews
- Supporting the team in the planning and logistics of our training programme
- Development of editorial copy for our website and newsletters
- Managing the Grants Team inbox and be the first point of call for queries
- Leading on the management of data and uploading of information on our Database, complying with GDPR requirements
- General administrative tasks across the both the Grants and wider charities team, undertaking ad-hoc projects and supporting at charity events as requested
- Basic PA support for the Director including proactive management of diaries, assistance with presentations, communications and recruitment processes
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Global’s Make Some Noise team
- Members of the Grants Panel
- Global’s PA network
- Staff from beneficiary charities including Fundraisers, Managers and CEOs
- External enquiries
YOU’LL BE SOMEONE WHO:
- Has great interpersonal and customer service skills
- Can demonstrate strong attention to detail and accuracy in their work
- Is great at managing their time, working to deadlines and problem solving
- Is trustworthy with the ability to deal with personal information in a confidential manner
- Has excellent organisation skills
- Is flexibile, adjusting action in relation to situations and others’ actions
- Is a team player, with the honesty, enthusiasm and determination to get things done
- At least 6 months in administrative role
- Knowledge of and/or passion for the charity sector
- Confidence to research and manage data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a part time role for 20 hours per week. We are flexible about days/hours but would require the person to be in the office at least 3 days per week. There will be occasions when you be required to work a full day, including Appeal Day.
Please note, the closing date for the role is 13th December however the role may be removed if filled before this date.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.