As a key member of the operations team, this post-holder supports the effective administration of Global Dialogue’s operations, including finance, human resources, IT and communications.
Global Dialogue hosts donor networks, funder collaboratives and pooled funds for both UK and international causes. We specialise in providing a smart back-office function tailored to the needs of independent philanthropy, taking care of finance and administration, HR and legal matters so that programme staff can focus on strategy and delivery. We were the first philanthropic support organisation to develop a UK equivalent to ‘fiscal sponsorship’, and now support a broad portfolio of hosted programmes
We seek a capable and committed person who can provide administrative support to the Operations Manager, Executive Director and the Board, working across Global Dialogue’s operational functions.This is a varied role that would suit a candidate with existing administrative experience who would like to develop a career in the NGO/charity sector.
Responsibilities will include
- Support the operations team by monitoring the dedicated operations inbox, including logging, fielding and actioning requests as appropriate, to ensure Global Dialogue responds effectively to the needs of hosted programmes.
- Responsible for processing invoices and bills on Xero, completing credit card/expenses entries, checking and updating finance data, and other tasks to support the work of Global Dialogue’s outsourced finance team.
- Provide administrative support for online meetings and events, including trustee board meetings, by taking notes, scheduling meetings/calendar entries and setting up Zoom calls (once it is safe to do so, this will extend to in-person meetings and events, including booking rooms, organising catering, etc).
- Support administration processes for receiving and giving grants, including processing grant letters, maintaining accurate grant data on Salesforce, and creating reports for programmes.
- Contribute to HR administration by preparing contracts for staff and consultants, updating the online HR system (Breathe HR) and supporting Global Dialogue’s recruitment processes.
- Book travel and accommodation, updating trip logs, coordinate visas and complete travel risk templates where necessary.
- File electronic post and help to keep our cloud-based filing systems organised.
- Other duties as required.
- At least one year’s relevant administrative experience
- Proven organisational skills, with excellent time management, the ability to manage a varied workload and to work flexibly within a small team
- Ability to communicate clearly in English, both in person and in writing
- Strong numeracy skills, with good attention to detail
- Experience of using online accountancy package, ideally Xero, and the ability to work with financial records and ensure accuracy
- Strong record keeping skills and a methodical approach to work
- Excellent IT skills and a thorough working knowledge of Office 365
- Good interpersonal skills, supportive of other colleagues and with the ability to build effective working relationships
- Good understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Interest in human rights and social change
- Commitment to personal professional development
- Educated to degree level, or otherwise able to demonstrate the capacity to deal sensitively and appropriately with complex issues
- Previous administrative experience in a not-for-profit organization
- Experience of organising events
- Well-developed writing skills and experience of updating websites
- Language skills
Terms and Conditions
Hours: This is a part-time role (21 hours a week)
Salary: £23,000-25,000 pro rata, depending on experience
Terms: 9 months (maternity cover), with an eight-week probationary period
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata). Global Dialogue contributes 6% to its workplace pension scheme, has a flexible working policy and offers personal development leave.
Location: Global Dialogue works remotely, and this role is home-based. Once it is safe to do so, the successful candidate will be expected to be in London regularly for team meeting and other activities (up to 2 days per week).
Reporting to: Operations Manager