The Global Diversity Foundation (GDF) is an environmental and social justice non-profit that nurtures and supports changemakers who are operating at all scales, working across boundaries and differences to find durable solutions to complex challenges. With over twenty years of experience in implementing long-term programmes that empower communities and regenerate biocultural diversity, we provide changemakers with hands-on support and diverse networks that help them create flourishing communities and environments around the world.
Through our Global Environments Network (GEN) we connect more than 600 leaders who are operating at the frontlines of systemic change and incubate the most promising ideas through personalized support embedded in longterm field programmes. Our holistic approach, which tackles complexity with courage, ensures the solutions we catalyse are durable and embedded in local communities.
We are looking for a Communications Coordinator to oversee Global Diversity Foundation’s communications, outreach and social media.
For the first 12 months, the role will also include 2 days/week as Communications Coordinator for the Alliance for Mediterranean Nature and Culture (AMNC), which GDF is a founding member of.
The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic, international team of nine who are committed to environmental and social justice and systemic change. GDF operates horizontally, fosters autonomy and leadership, and makes decisions collectively and through consensus-building. The Communications Coordinator will be a strategic thought-partner for all of the team, and will be expected to take an active interest in the operations of the organisation, contributing to strategic planning and decision-making.
Job Type: 1-year, renewable, employee contract for a full-time role (3 days/week for GDF and 2 days/week for AMNC).
Location: Remote working, ideally from a Mediterranean country, although we welcome candidates from other countries in the GMT – GMT+2 timezones.
Salary: €24,000 - €30,000 per annum (gross) depending on experience and location.
GDF Communications and other strategies
- Contribute to the development, adaptation and implementation of communications and media strategies, including through generating innovations for storytelling to enhance our outreach and that of our GEN members, in close collaboration with GDF Visual Anthropology Lead & Media Outreach Coordinator;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of all other organizational strategies, from the perspective of communications;
- Eventually, actively contribute to GDF’s fundraising strategy and actions, including through collaboration on identifying and engaging with funders and contributing to writing funding proposals.
GDF online communications
- Develop, curate, maintain and update the GDF website;
- Oversee the functionality of the website, evaluate and manage website performance, facilitate hosting and server management;
- Manage, curate and circulate all GDF newsletters (general GDF, GEN and GEN Community);
- Gather and support the delivery of GDF and GEN stories and updates through newsletters and website;
- Enhance GDF & GEN’s social media presence on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn through creative content creation, engagement, monitoring, posting, tracking metrics and evaluating new tools;
- Support GEN members to create and update their website profiles;
- Monitor incoming emails to the in[email protected] email addresses and respond to general enquiries.
GDF content creation
- Lead on the creation, design and dissemination of GDF’s annual reports;
- Contribute to the production of audience- and programme-specific marketing collateral;
- Support the delivery of project updates on online fundraising platform, GlobalGiving;
- Implement communications activities to support fundraising priorities and directions;
- Copy-editing and proofreading for public-facing content.
Alliance for Mediterranean Nature and Culture (AMNC)
- Coordinate and collaborate with the AMNC partners' communications focal points to curate content for social media posts and website stories;
- Maintain the AMNC website, including ad-hoc website needs;
- Monitor incoming emails and respond to general enquiries;
- Coordinate the development and dissemination of AMNC promotional videos;
- Coordinate input and development of AMNC marketing and communications collaterals;
- Support the communication needs of the AMNC, as needed, for achieving wide visibility of its work and key messages;
- Implement Cultural Landscapes Conference communications strategy.
What we are looking for:
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- 4-5 years experience working in a communications role in the non-profit and/or environmental sector;
- Experience in developing and implementing organisational communications strategies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with capacity to copy-edit in English;
- Experience in non-profit storytelling;
- Previous experience with website development and management, and in managing online newsletters and multiple social media accounts;
- Experience with InDesign, Canva, Photoshop or other graphic design programs;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team;
- Ability to prioritise, multitask and tackle multiple overlapping deadlines;
- Attention to detail and ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship-management skills;
- Proven experience in working collaboratively, with the ability to negotiate difference and diversity in collective settings;
- Experience in working successfully in a remotely-based team;
- Self-motivated initiative-taker, able to work unsupervised when necessary;
- Alignment with GDF purpose and values;
- Openness to participate in team wellbeing and personal development work.
Desirable qualifications, skills or experience
- Committed to environmental and social justice and systemic change;
- Experience with SEO analytics;
- Experience in social media marketing;
- Experience in non-profit fundraising, from strategy-development to identifying and engaging with donors, to writing proposals;
- Competency in other languages, particularly French.
Please send an up-to-date CV and cover letter to Pommelien da Silva Cosme (pommelien[at]global-diversity[dot]org) or click on the CharityJob button to complete your application online, by 10 October 2021. We are hoping to start the new position as soon as possible following interview.
Please include in your cover letter your reasons for wanting to work for Global Diversity Foundation, and how your own personal values align with ours. Please also share with us how you practice self-care in the context of work.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.