How to apply
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
We’re looking for someone who loves working with people, and is proactive and passionate about supporting young people to fulfil their potential. As the Youth & Community Project Coordinator you will deliver:
● youth leadership and social action programmes in the borough of Islington (funded by the GLA and
Islington Council) and their additional associated activities - such as intergenerational and holiday
● local community outreach and engagement of children, young people and families through children’s
centres, schools, colleges, community groups, local Council and other service providers,
● engagement between businesses and young people,
● cross-site activities in King’s Cross and beyond.
Global Generation has an established network of urban gardens in and around King’s Cross, West Euston and
Canada Water. Our work connects people of all ages to nature in the middle of the city. We focus on the
development of the whole person, providing support for children and young people to become catalysts for
change in their communities. We integrate values-based reflective learning into practical sessions, enabling
people to grow themselves, grow relationships and grow a new vision for the future.
The moveable Skip Garden was created 10 years ago and has been Global Generation’s ‘mothership’. It is an
urban oasis with a twist - a portable garden that moves to different locations on the King's Cross site as and
when land is sold and built on. The current Skip Garden will be closing at the end of the year and thereafter our main base for King’s Cross will be the Story Garden, a new space we are opening this summer behind the British Library to engage the local community and continue our work from there.
You will be doing outreach, building strong and trusting relationships, coordinating, facilitating and evaluating
the community and youth projects for our Islington-based work. You will deliver these with and for the local
community in the Caledonian ward as well as from the Story Garden. You will also work alongside other
members of the team to co-facilitate other community and youth sessions.
Essential Skills, Experience and Approach
● Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with 10- to 25-year-olds
● Empathy with Global Generation’s ethos and interest in values based learning
● Great at communicating and engaging with young people and their parents/guardians in both group
and individual settings
● An ability to adapt presentation style to a varied audience
● Willingness to bring the whole of yourself to the role and bring personal passions into the role
● A strong work ethic, excellent time management skills and motivated to work towards set goals
● Ability to prioritise and manage own workloads and work as part of a team or individually as required
● Experience of working in a people-facing role and establishing relationships
● Passionate about working with children, young people and families to engage them in ways to help
them connect to nature, learn new skills, build connections and fulfil their potential
● Experience of planning creative sessions
● A love of working outdoors and a passion for the natural environment
● Readiness to take initiative, a flexible attitude and ability to deal with change
● A natural ability to forge relationships and desire to work collaboratively with others, across sectors,
backgrounds and ages
For a full job description and details of how to apply, please visit our website