The world's leading environmental fund supporting grassroots action is growing! Join a dynamic small team to help us raise more funds for communities around the world, and communicate our impact.
Global Greengrants Fund is the leading environmental fund that supports grassroots action on a global scale. Utilising an activist-led grantmaking model, we channel grants to communities primarily in the global South to protect, restore and transform our planet.
The mission of Global Greengrants Fund is to mobilise resources for communities worldwide to protect our shared planet and work towards a more equitable world. Through our dynamic and responsive model we channel hundreds of grants each year to grassroots groups in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Pacific Islands. Our approach connects global philanthropic resources with locally-led projects to support climate justice, local livelihoods, healthy communities and healthy ecosystems, the right to land, water and resources, and women’s environmental leadership.
The Fundraising and Communications Officer will support the young European arm of the global organisation to grow our grantmaking, raise essential funds for grassroots environmental initiatives, to communicate our impact, and to help Global Greengrants Fund UK be an efficient and successful organisation.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and organised, with good writing skills and with minimum two years’ practical fundraising experience.
This is an exciting time at Global Greengrants Fund UK as we enter the next phase of our growth, and at a time where grassroots climate and environmental movements are becoming more and more important to ensure a sustainable planet for us all. This role will significantly help shape how we communicate our work and our ability to connect supporters in Europe with grassroots environmental activism. The position will report to the Director of Philanthropic Partnerships, and work closely with the US Communications Team based in Boulder, Colorado.
This is a part-time position, estimated to be 3-4 days per week in agreement with the successful candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
70% Fundraising, Supporter Engagement and Grants Management
- Support the Director of Philanthropic Partnerships with fundraising initiatives including creative campaigns for supporter engagement;
- Draft grant funding applications and reports to trusts and foundations;
- Acknowledge and process donations, manage the donor database;
- Data management/analysis of grantee information and reports for communications efforts;
- Organise the logistics and manage the administration of fundraising events;
- Provide support with other administrative activities relevant to fundraising, as needed.
30% Marketing, Outreach and Communication Planning
- Help develop a strategy for increased global integration between the UK and US communications teams, as well as consistent use of global messaging and branding;
- Coordinate the production and distribution of monthly newsletters;
- Work with communications colleagues in the US sister organisation to create and tailor content to European audiences, including on social media;
- Assist with writing and content production for the website, blog, and social media, working closely with the US communications team;
- Research and identify potential earned media opportunities in Europe and the UK.
- At least two years' experience in administrative and/or fundraising support. This is a position for someone who is progressing their career in fundraising and communications.
- Experience of providing customer service and / or dealing with supporters directly.
- Good writing skills and track record of content creation.
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly in Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and experience with donor database, in particular Salesforce.
- Knowledge of Mailchimp and other platforms
- Knowledge of photo editing/design software (Adobe Photoshop and InDesign)
Skills and attributes
- Strong written and communication skills in English and desirably in a second European language
- Web- and social media-savvy, especially experience using a variety of social media platforms
- Detail oriented, proactive, and responsive
- Creative, strong skills in project management and problem solving
- Ability to work flexibly on a broad range of projects and across many deadlines
- Friendly and personable with the ability to build rapport with supporters
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn and develop skills
- Demonstrated interest in fundraising - This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to extend their knowledge of fundraising
- Work on own initiative, in a co-working environment, and from home
- A deep commitment to and ability to uphold Global Greengrants’ mission, vision, and values
- A valid permit to live and work in the UK
Global Greengrants Fund UK is an equal opportunities employer. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We believe that diversity and inclusion in our team is critical to our success. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter outlining your interest and fit for the position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.