The Finance Officer will be responsible for preparing financial statements, monthly management accounts, maintaining cash controls, purchasing, maintaining accounts payable & receivables and budget preparation
· Maintaining financial and accounting services in order to meet legislative requirements and support GRT operations.
· To input all financial data on QuickBooks Online software, ensuring that authorisation and documentation are received from the appropriate members of staff, and filed accessibly.
· Preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, purchasing, maintaining accounts payable & receivables
· Banking cash and cheques received
· Raising invoices and monitoring debtors
· Reconciling donations received from online gateways (Just Giving, Launchgood etc)
· Reconciling donations received via standing order or direct debits
· Administering invoice approval and payment processes
· Operating expense claim procedures and payments
· Support delivery partner expenditure review process
· Support Finance & Resources department as required with ad hoc administrative support
· Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased with restricted funds (computers, etc.) assuring all are in accordance with contractual and financial regulations.
· Support the SFO in reviewing and appraising relevant policies and procedures
· Any other duties as may be required from time to time by SFO or CEO.
• Be flexible within the broad remit of the post.
• Comply with organisational policies and practices.
• Encourage effective cross-departmental working through personal example.
• Keep professional knowledge and expertise up to date.
• Attend internal and external meetings as required and contribute positively.
• Undertake any other duties commensurate with this post as reasonably requested by the CEO and/or Operational Manager
• Deal with day-to-day, ad hoc queries.