We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Operations to lead on several transformational projects across the organisation, reporting directly into the Chief Executive.
Our focus over the next 12 months will be re-setting the vision, purpose and goals and repositioning our brand under a new operating model.
The successful candidate will take full operational responsibility for the provision of young people services, to strategically shape and improve the quality of breaks, and develop new approaches to ensure that all young people receive the best possible experience at Go Beyond.
You will be a dynamic, creative and an effective manager, with a proven track record of working in a senior role that places people at the centre. You will have strong commercial acumen, able to spot opportunity, build strong business cases and work closely with the Chief Executive, Senior Leadership Team and Board of Trustees to deliver against the strategy.
Scope & Purpose:
The Director of Operations will direct, coordinate, and lead the internal structure of our organisation, based on company policies, goals, and objectives to ensure an efficient working environment and that deadlines are met consistently.
The Director of Operations will lead all aspects of our facilities across the organisation, including the upkeep, care, maintenance, health and safety and fire safety regulations for all centres, retail shops and head office.
Committed to Go Beyond’s vision and values, the Director of Operations will inspire, motivate, and empower others, building a high-performance culture across the organisation.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience at a senior management level within the charity sector
• Proven track record of implementing high-level strategy and initiatives across a complex range of stakeholders, including Trustees
• A thorough knowledge of best practise, governance and safeguarding policies relating to the care of young people and staff
• Extensive experience of people management – recruitment, onboarding, and performance management to drive results
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing multi sites, remote working to deliver results aligned to charity goals
• Experience of working closely with funders and building effective relationships, across all stakeholders
• The ability to deliver business targets, with a focus on the growth and development of services across the organisation
• Responsive to external funding opportunities and delivering results
• Demonstrable experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously and timely
• Excellent budget and decision-making skills
• Extensive knowledge & management experience of Health & Safety, fire safety regulations and law – IOSH/NEBOSH level
• Significant experience in improving ways of working, reviewing, and implementing new systems, processes, and cost-effective initiatives across a number of sites
• Procurement – a track record of reviewing service contracts, suppliers regularly to reduce costs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to engage and develop staff
• Plan and deliver high level business wide communications including board reports
In line with our values, we are looking for someone who is:
• Value and outcome driven, with a positive, “can do” attitude with a passion to deliver projects
• A leader with the ability to see a problem, step in and then step out when appropriate
• A coach who is driven by the personal development of all of those around them
• A strategic, highly motivated thinker with the ability to thrive in ambiguity
• Highly collaborative with fantastic facilitation skills
• Enthusiastic with a sense of pride in the work delivered and the quality of how it was delivered
• An open and honest individual who both welcomes and provides feedback in a way that is constructive and thoughtful
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.