Role: Finance Assistant
Responsible to: Director of Finance
Responsible for staff: N/A
Location: Suite B1 Higher Mill, Buckfast Abbey, Buckfast, Devon
- Responsible for processing all financial transactions using Sage
- Downloading, processing and reconciliation of bank and petty cash transactions
- Administration of sale ledger, including credit control
- Responsibility of the purchase ledger, including supplier payments
- Assist with the payroll process including provisions for workplace pensions
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Prepare and maintain annual budgets and forecasting.
- Assist with the preparation of year end accounts, financial statements & legal requirements
- Help with the preparation of the external audit Internal financial audit
- Understand and adhere to all financial and accounting regulations and legislation
- Carry out other activities as appropriate on the instruction of the Director of Finance
- Positively promote the work of Go Beyond both internally and externally, and be a representative at stewardship and cultivation events
- Prioritise tasks to ensure maximum return on investment of your time and resources
- Willingness to travel, as required to support meetings or to achieve agreed objectives
- Willingness to work unsocial hours, including evenings, weekends and stay overnight
- To work in line with the Go Beyond Mission, Vision, and Values consistently, working with others to provide a supportive, responsive, environment and services
- To present a positive image of Go Beyond at all times, through every aspect of your work
- To ensure that all Go Beyond policies, procedures, and agreed protocols are adhered to
- To contribute to the planning, review, monitoring and reporting processes and activities
- To participate in team meetings and activities and represent Go Beyond at other meetings as agreed
- To respect the rights of individuals by maintaining confidentiality and working in line with GDPR legislation
- To attend training courses as identified and agreed for appropriate development
- To undertake other duties not specifically stated above, which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility involved
- To make a commitment to improving Go Beyond environmental impact by means of energy saving and recycling in the workplace
Education and Training
- Experience of working in a busy finance department
- Experience in the charity sector with an understanding of Charity Commission regulations
Special Knowledge and Skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Sage 50 accounts
- Gift aid administration and claim processing
- Payroll processing
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- A team player who can build relationships across the team and be adaptable
- A good communicator who can work under pressure, prioritise and adapt to change
- Analytical with an attention for detail
- Deadline orientated with the ability to stick to time constraints
Commitment to Safeguarding Children:
- Everyone who works at Go Beyond has the responsibility for promoting the
safeguarding and welfare of children.
- To ensure awareness of the charity’s policy and procedures regarding Child Safeguarding.
- To become aware of the signs and symptoms of abuse by attending relevant courses.
- To report all causes for concern to the Designated Safeguarding Lead or Officer.
- To carry out risk assessments that include safeguarding measures for any activities.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.