GoodGym runners support those who are isolated and lonely by providing practical houshold support and social visits. Join a dedicated team and make sure many more older people get the help they need.
Job Title: Operations Support Coordinator
Team: Older People Operations
Contract Type: One year contract with possibility of extension
Hours: 5 days (37.5 hours) per week with flexible arrangements considered
Location: Central London (remote working until at least September due to Covid-19)
Report to: Older People Operations Manager
Application Closing Date: 24/08/2020
Interview Date: 31/08/20
GoodGym is an award-winning charity that encourages people to get fit and do good at the same time. GoodGym supports people to do so in four different ways:
- Group Runs: running in a group to help community projects with practical tasks.
- Community Missions: We run, walk or cycle to help community projects with practical tasks.
- Missions: We run, walk or cycle to help older or isolated people with practical household tasks.
- Coach visits: We run, walk, or cycle to visit isolated or lonely older people for regular weekly social visits.
GoodGym is active in 58 areas and boroughs across the UK and is recruiting for an Operations Support Coordinator to assist its busy Older People Operations team, during a particularly busy period.
Our work is shown to reduce isolation, improve community cohesion and to improve wellbeing for all involved. It is frequently cited as a leading social innovation by the government, mainstream press and leading think tanks.
As part of GoodGym's Older People's Operations Team, you will play a key role in the organisation helping to tackle social isolation and loneliness by supporting volunteers and their work with older people across the UK. The work will focus on supporting both volunteers and beneficiaries on Missions and Coach Visits,
The ideal candidate will have experience in office administration, working with volunteers and vulnerable people, and will be looking to join a small but dynamic team during a period of significant organisational change.
- Answering phone calls on Zendesk and managing the Older People Operations Team’s shared email inbox
- Acting as first point of contact for volunteers, whether over email or over the phone; supporting them on either coach runs or missions, troubleshooting and resolving issues where necessary, maintaining complete volunteer records and reporting to the Older People Operations Manager if any safeguarding issues/allegations are made in line with GoodGym’s Safeguarding Policy
- Providing administrative support for missions, including but not limited to communicating with referral partners, screening and listing missions on the GoodGym website, confirming missions with beneficiaries on the phone and ensuring best safeguarding practices are upheld
- Supporting volunteers through the process of DBS application, checking references, conducting document checks and making judgement calls on volunteers’ suitability for volunteer role
- Communicating with potential and existing referral partners over the phone and via email, answering questions about GoodGym and providing technical support as and when necessary
- Seeking out partnership opportunities for GoodGym
- Contributing to the development of the Older People Operations Team and respective processes and policies
- An understanding of the needs of older people and volunteers
- Awareness of services available to older people
Skills and abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills, particularly over the phone
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to provide information, advice and assistance appropriately, to volunteers and older people who use GoodGym’s services
- Ability to build strong relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Record management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work from own initiative and as part of a team
- IT literate and able to pick up new systems quickly
- Experience of volunteering
- Experience of working with or supervising volunteers (desirable)
- Experience managing relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (desirable)
How to apply:
To apply for the role, please fill our application form.
GoodGym is specifically looking to address the underrepresentation of certain groups in its staff and would strongly encourage candidates from a BAME background to apply for this role. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as an organisation. We welcome applications from black, asian and minority ethnic applicants in order to better represent the communities we operate in. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
The information collected during our recruitment process is only used for monitoring purposes to assist us in analysing the profile and make up of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check we are complying with the Equality Act 2010 and with our own Equality Opportunities and Diversity policy.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.