I have a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Assistant for a very dynamic, forward thinking and exciting Environmental organisation. Do not miss out on the opportunity to be part of a fantastic organisation at a very exciting time!!
The Accounts Assistant will report to the Financial Controller and is responsible for high quality bookkeeping for the Finance team. The role is focussed on, but not limited to, purchase ledger expenses, including payment runs and credit card expenditure for colleagues who travel regularly.
- Management of the Finance Inbox, using sound judgement to prioritise queries, invoices, reimbursement requests and other correspondence from staff and suppliers
- Manage accounts payable processes by
- liaising with suppliers to collect billing information
- reviewing and coding invoices through invoice and expenses system Concur
- reviewing corporate credit card expenditure and out-of-pocket expenses
- ensuring colleagues' file their credit card and expenses reports on time
- uploading invoice data into Financial Management System [InforSunsystems]
- timely preparation weekly payment runs to a set deadline
- Acting as the focal point for staff queries with the expenses reporting system Concur
- Checking colleagues' monthly travel expenditure is in line with the Travel & Expenses Policy and IRS/HMRC guidelines
- Preparing journal entry uploads for the financial management system
- Assist in keeping system guidance and procedure notes up to date
- Managing the corporate credit card program, dealing with changes in limits and new and cancelled cards
- Managing the organisations intranet finance page, ensuring information is kept up to date for staff access
- Undertaking special Finance projects as necessary
- Supporting the Finance team during the different entity audits with gathering documents and answering queries as necessary
- Supporting the Finance Team more widely on a variety of tasks as required
- Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience in a Finance team, including having used accounting packages and Accounts Payable experience
- Excellent numeracy/literacy/analytical skills
- Ability to learn new IT systems quickly, and good working knowledge of Excel, including Pivot tables
- Ability to communicate effectively and, when required, confidentially with people at all levels
- Ability to work proactively to achieve efficiency and effectiveness as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise tasks with minimal supervision and to work within deadlines
- Strong organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast moving and pressurised environment
- International and / or multi-company experience
- Knowledge of Sun accounting software and /or Concur invoice, travel and expenses tool
- Previous experience of working with restricted funds
- Interest in the environmental sector and climate change.
Salary upto £27000 plus benefits If you meet the requirements please apply NOW!