A leading housing association in the UK is growing their Data and Technology department and as a result is recruiting for a Data Architect. You will be responsible for defining the data architecture requried to ensure that the organisation maximises value from data and help support the changes needed to realise this vision. You will be at the forefront of enabling organisational change, as the organisation evolves as an innovative, digitally focused housing association.
What will you do?
- You will develop a common data model to support consumption of data sets; their characteristics, metadata and attributes
- You will develop a way of providing for multiple user views of the data and will work with Technology Services to move them to a single repository
- You will then be responsible for managing numerous current data sets we hold, together with any sources that come into the organisation
- You will lead the delivery of data sets into a single repository and providing access to the repository across the business
- You will work with other directorates and technology colleagues to combine these data sets where it makes sense to do so and support delivery of data as an asset across the business
- Develop a data architecture, describe the art of the possible and stretch ambitions to drive innovative data solutions, analytics and discovery
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Data Management Stakeholders within the organisation to gain insight into future demand and provide guidance for data management strategy
- Lead a multi-disciplinary delivery capability providing data services to the organisation, ensuring solutions are implemented using best practice architectures and processes. Responsible for services including data management, master data, integration, analysis and advice in a complex data environment.
- Practical experience of developing data solutions in Azure. Exploiting cloud concepts and practices including data management, data security, analytics and machine learning.
- Influencing and directing the organisation's Data Team, infrastructure and tools evolution to ensure key business strategies and processes are driven by systems that enable change, growth and flexibility.
- Ensure the data environment is reliable, secure, cost efficient, and strategically sound, reflecting business needs and best practice in creating value for the company and our customers
What do you need to apply?
- Knowledge of implementing data solutions using modern technologies and automation methodologies within Azure
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure SQL Services
- Azure Analysis Services
- Azure Data Factory
- Power Platform
- Significant knowledge & experience of data modelling tools and techniques including, but not limited to, dimensional modelling and master data management techniques
- Excellent delivery skills with proven track record of delivering large scale change on time and to budget