An opportunity has become available for a Director of Finance and IT to join an international charity which is about to embark on a new fundraising strategy.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Director of Finance and IT is responsible for strategic financial management as well as the delivery of consistent, robust, and first-class finance and IT services. This includes the provision of expert legal and risk management oversight as well as acting as first point of contact on financial matters for the international secretariat.
The Director of Finance and IT will provide sound advice and support to staff and Trustees, leading the relationship with the Board's Finance and Audit Committee and, as a member of the Senior Management Team, will play a key role in strategic planning and the overall leadership of the organisation.
- Experience of developing, delivering and monitoring a financial strategy, preferably in a not for profit context
- Sound knowledge of charity fundraising techniques, their advantages and disadvantages and the public and regulatory context
- Experience in the preparation, monitoring and reporting of budgeting and financial management information to Boards and senior management, inspiring trust and confidence
- A demonstrable ability to provide effective leadership across teams and functions, to support the development of the Finance and IT team and the finance and budgeting confidence of other teams
- Treasury management experience
- Risk management experience
- Experience of managing the IT function within an organisation, with an emphasis on data management
- Awareness of company secretarial, legal and tax issues as relating to companies and ideally charities
- Ability to communicate confidently to support an open and cooperative working environment, learning and trust.
- Experience of working within the international development sector or a demonstrable understanding of the challenges and complexities of international development
- Experience of working internationally or with internationally based colleagues
- Sound working knowledge of CRM systems
There is a quick turnaround on this role so please apply before 25th November to be considered.