About the role:
An organisation devoted to achieving a safer climate for all are growing rapidly and seeking a Finance Assistant to carry out management and financial accounting tasks and bookkeeping. This is a great opportunity to work with an impactful organisation in their bid to translate climate politics and policies into action! This is a hybrid working opportunity, based in the office in Southwark and working from home.
Key responsibilities include:
- Purchase ledger including invoice entry and payment of suppliers
- Sales ledger including invoice preparation and chasing payment
- Bank reconciliations and control account reconciliations
- Review, entry, and payment of staff expenses
- Monthly journal entry
- Maintaining and Reconciling Financial data across their Programme Management systems.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a part qualified accountant or qualified to this level by experience
- Have at least 2 years' experience within a similar role
- Be passionate about the cause, some Not-for-profit sector experience is desirable
- Have strong excel skills and experience in using accounting systems such as QuickBooks
- Be reliable and committed with the ability to work efficiently both at home and in the office