My client is a fast-growing environmental management consultancy who have developed a fantastic working culture for their people. Their values reflect their mission of outcomes-focused achievements and they want their staff to enjoy their careers as they excel at their work.
We are looking for a native or very fluent German - speaker to be based in either their London or Munich offices.
- This role is responsible for ensuring effective grant management and reporting for their donors - a range of individuals, foundations and public (government) donors. You will develop and deliver the processes to manage grants and contracts from major funders.
- You will work with the Programme Manager to develop and monitor financial management tools, budgets and spending forecasts relating to individual grants and their workstream components.
- You will ensure that grants are accounted for according to funder restrictions and reporting schedules are planned in line with their requirements, producing high quality reports, tailored to individual donors' needs.
- You will also support the drafting of new grant applications from public and philanthropic donors and provide advice and training to staff as appropriate to strengthen and broaden fund management expertise within the company.
- Substantial experience of dealing with major funders and delivering high quality grant management and reporting.
- Excellent writing skills, strong financial acumen, and the ability to work with colleagues across the business to bring together the information required to deliver the best for their donors.
- Relationship management skills, also on a very senior level and in various cultural contexts.
- A team player who can engage in and contribute to team culture to ensure excellent team collaboration
- High levels of organizational capability to effectively coordinate timelines and deliverables.
- A detail-oriented approach with the ability to proactively implement and improve operational processes for high-quality delivery of reporting procedures
- (Desirable) Experience in grant management within the consultancy/sustainability/environment/social enterprise space
- Fluent speaker in both German and English is essential
This business benefits from world-leading networks globally and there is a real emphasis on staff being part of a high-calibre, driven, inclusive, friendly and fun team.