An ambitious, pioneering non-profit Consulting business, who use data science, financial analysis and social issues research to find better ways of tackling social problems around the world, have an exciting opportunity available for a Management Accountant to join them! Their innovations have mobilised over £500million globally and with 4 sister organisations in as many continents this really is a great opportunity to join a business that continues to grow.
As Management Accountant, your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing the monthly management accounts, within ten working days after month end, for review by the Financial Controller
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual budget
- Preparing the monthly management pack (with variance analysis) and the cashflow forecasts as a key management tool
- Taking the lead on reporting such as the preparation of VAT, FCA and other reporting returns
- Supporting the wider team during the implementation of a new finance system by reviewing and updating financial processes
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant, either ACA from audit looking to make their first move into industry or CIMA/ACCA with post-qualification experience in a relevant role
- Have solid experience in financial reporting and of preparing detailed management accounts
- Be an advanced user of Excel, able to navigate multiple spreadsheets (particularly whilst the new system is being implemented)
- Have excellent communication skills, able to liaise effectively with different teams and stakeholders
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.