Head of Finance Business Partnering & Strategic Finance - Grade 6 (Band A+)
Salary - £57,000 - £65,308 + £5,000 accountancy allowance
The Government Property Agency (GPA) was launched as an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office in 2018. The GPA represents a step change in the way that Government property estate and assets are managed efficiently, by providing innovative and flexible solutions across the Government estate. Our core service is to support departments in business change and workforce transformation. The GPA is the place to be for UK's leading professionals in estates, commercial, project management and beyond.
The Government Property Agency is expected to grow exponentially over the first few years of its existence; this equates to transferring hundreds of assets (worth billions of pounds) onto its balance sheet from Government Departments, as well as gaining responsibility for the running of a large part of the central government office estate.
The Head of Finance Business Partnering & Strategic Finance is a key role within the Government Property Agency with responsibility for managing all Finance Business Partners and Management Accountants. The role is to provide 'real time' support, training and analysis, to be a trusted adviser and to add value that will assist in decision making. The role leads in strategic financial management in long term budgets, spending reviews, responses to Ministers and other ad hoc financial analysis.
The responsibilities of the Head of Finance Business Partnering & Strategic Finance will include
- Strategic level financial support to the GPA Chief Executive and Executive Directors
- Management of each Directorate's large and complex budgets, ensuring expenditure is with approved delegated limits, following GPA control processes, and in line with HMT's Managing Public Money and Consolidated Budgeting Guidance
- Management of future year financial planning including financial strategy, budget commentary, business cases and Spending Review plans
- Improve financial management by managing change and seeking out opportunities to lead/contribute to GPA and other cross-government initiatives outside of own role
- Take the lead in partnering Directors in decision support, budget reviews and financial reporting providing expert and influential advice
- Ensuring budget delegations are set and that spend is approved and properly carried out in year
- Ensure accurate accounting for transactions in the general ledger
- Identifying and reporting on financial risks and opportunities, providing succinct, clear commentary and insight
The post holder may be required to undertake additional responsibilities as expected in relation to the role and grade.
Key Skills & Experience
- CCAB qualified, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge and proven track record in finance business partnering in a complex environment
- Experience of leading a high-performing team
- Ability to communicate complex matters to a non-financial audience
- Ability to develop productive relationships and effective networks with stakeholders across government organisations
- Experience in property and/ or project management
For more information, please apply using the link, or contact Katie Wilson-Smith or Stuart Thomson at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.