Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator for Central and South London / South East England
Location: London / home-based
These roles are offered on either a remote basis, or with the option to utilise our office space in Central London if desired.
About Governors for Schools
We’re a national education charity with the ambition of making sure every school has excellent governance which drives improved outcomes for all children and young people. Since 1999, we’ve been connecting skilled and committed volunteers with schools and academies in England and recently we have expanded our service into Wales. By finding and supporting a diverse and talented network of governors, we help to drive systematic change in how schools are run. Right now, we’re evolving and growing. By developing the services we offer, and expanding our work with corporate supporters, key partners and within local communities, we are supporting schools to achieve excellent governance. It is an exciting time to be part of our organisation and make a real difference in education.
About the role
Working as part of a team, you will be responsible for conducting efficient volunteer management and recruitment, and partnership building, to help the organisation reach its objectives of placing governors in schools.
In your role, you’ll be working with a number of different stake holders.
You’ll work with volunteers to:
- Support them through the school governor appointment process, from application to placement. This involves corresponding with a large volume of people within your areas of responsibility.
- Promote the services of Governors for Schools
- Coordinate and be actively involved in recruitment campaigns in your region
- Develop innovative and cost effective approaches to volunteer recruitment with your line manager and the Impact Team.
You’ll work with schools to:
- Promote the services of Governors for Schools to schools in agreed areas.
- Provide them with suitable volunteers, including recruiting volunteers for specific vacancies.
- Maintain contact through the recruitment process in order to ensure timely placement of volunteers, tracking their progress on the CRM
You’ll work with Local Authorities & Multi Academy Trusts to:
- Maintain and develop relationships with appropriate Local Authority governor services departments and MAT governance professionals within your areas of responsibility in order to:
- Place Governors for Schools volunteers
- Use communication channels to promote the services of Governors for Schools
- Obtain details of governor vacancies
- Increase the efficiency of the placement process
Once you are established in the role, there are development opportunities to work with partner organisations to:
- Provide an excellent service to our key accounts
- Develop and nurture relationships with supporting companies, universities and other organisations to recruit school governor volunteers.
- Encourage businesses to adopt school governance within their learning & development and volunteering/CSR policies.
- Promote the Paid for Service aspect of our work to corporate organisations in order to diversify our funding.
- Deliver online presentations to potential governors, sharing information about the role
You will ensure database records are up-to-date with all recent activity and information.
You should apply if:
- Based in the South-East of England and able to travel across the region
- Experience using a database
- Excellent communication skills via email, phone, video conferencing and in person
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to juggle a busy role interacting with different stakeholders (volunteers, schools, partners etc)
- Self-motivated and target driven
- Attention to detail in order to provide excellent service to our partners
- Proven partnership building skills in order to manage accounts successfully
- Recruitment experience
- Knowledge of the education system
- Knowledge of the role of governance
- Experience as a school governor
- Experience of working to targets
Salary and benefits
- Flexible full time working arrangements at 35 hours per week
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days + bank holidays pro rata, increasing with long-term service
- Membership with HEKA, a fitness and wellness benefit
- Volunteer hours given to carry out a governor role
- Allocated time for personal professional development
We’ll be reviewing applicants on an ongoing basis so early application is encouraged.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.