Is project management your superhero skill?
Are you geeky about designing services that really work?
We’re looking for a project officer to join our new Service Design and Impact team at Grandparents Plus.
About the role:
This is a new role in a new team which is all about helping Grandparents Plus to deliver vital services for kinship carers – services that really work.
The national Covid-19 crisis has meant that as a charity we have responded to the needs of our kinship carers by developing a crisis intervention service called Kinship Response. You’ll be supporting the development of this and/or of our other core programmes and services (including Kinship Connected, Kinship Active, Kinship Ready, our advice service and volunteering).
The services you’ll work on are helping to change the lives of kinship carers and their families across the country. Everything you do will be about supporting them to access support when they need it most, in the quickest and most effective way.
Working closely with the Programmes and Communications & Engagement teams, you’ll help come up with, develop and test processes to support our strategic aims.
You’ll understand the power of data to create and innovate services and the importance of developing good process. Recognising and using digital tools and knowing how they can play a part in service design and impact reporting is a must.
The Service and Impact team is brand new, and we’re looking for some who can bring energy, thoughtfulness and precision to a developing and exciting department.
- You’re someone who is always thinking about ways to make things better
- Attention to detail is really important but you’ll also be someone who thinks creatively and gets excited about creating projects from scratch all the way through to delivery
- Understanding human behaviour is important, so you will need to be empathetic and people-centred in your approach
- While you’ll be intellectually curious, you’ll also be a self-starter, comfortable managing your time and a confident facilitator – able to bring people together and get to the root of a problem or need quickly
- Really ambitious and has the skills to back up that ambition
- Hands-on, quick to learn new skills and a problem solver
In return, you’ll have a good degree of autonomy, flexible and remote working and you’ll help to shape this role and the new Service Design and Impact team.
Your day could include:
Every day will be different because you’ll support the different departments to deliver exceptional services.
- Setting up and facilitating a workshop to work out the best way to deliver virtual support groups and then writing out the process.
- Using Salesforce to create reports that show our impact and that drill down to highlight specific information that will help innovate a service.
- Responding to a project worker request to investigate an error they’ve come across in a process.
- Creating a project plan to map out the key stages in a programme development.
- Developing a Form Assembly form to integrate into our website, thinking about user experience.
- Researching ideas for digital tools to support volunteer recruitment and integrate into Salesforce and use automation.
About Grandparents Plus:
Kinship care begins in crisis. It’s frightening, painful and confusing. For the child, whose parents are unable to care for them, it can feel like their world is ending.
Instinctively, a loved one steps in – a grandparent, brother, sister, aunt, uncle or family friend. They are now a kinship carer, bringing up the children they love. There’s no chance to prepare. Plans are pushed aside. Relationships, jobs and savings are sacrificed...and it’s a fight to get support.
Kinship families raising over 200,000 children are on the brink of going under because there’s no recognition or support. They feel invisible. They are desperate.
At Grandparents Plus, we know how hard life can be for kinship carers. But we’ve seen the amazing things they’re capable of with someone by their side.
With the right support, children raised in kinship families flourish.
We’re a friendly, ambitious team, really passionate about doing good better. If that also sounds like you, why don’t you join us?
To apply, please send a CV (no more than 2 pages) with a covering letter (no more than 2 pages) to show how you meet the criteria set out in the person specification, why you want the role and why you would like to work for Grandparents Plus
We’re looking for attention to detail and creativity in this role and are equally as interested in seeing how you tick. Please invest in your covering letter by giving us an insight into your personality, values and passion. Applications received without a personalised covering letter will sadly be rejected.
We’re accepting applications on a rolling basis and will interview quickly before the dates stated for exceptional candidates.
Closing date: Monday 29th June 2020 at noon
Interview date: w/c 29th June 2020