We are looking for an experienced Grants Officer to join our team.
Job Title: Grants Officer
Salary: £25,322 pro rata
Contract Period: Temporary, 8 months
Hours: 37 hrs flexible, some out of normal hours work on weekends and evenings
Location: Negotiable; face to face meetings in London on a regular basis, if in line with Government COVID 19 guidance
Responsible to: Infrastructure Officer
The role will involve effectively managing a portfolio of grants, assessing applications and making recommendations to a decision making panel, and providing support to grant holders in order to facilitate the delivery of quality projects on time and on budget. Additionally; to manage monitoring and evaluation provision, to ensure Voice4Change England's grant making programme objectives are met. The position will be suitable for someone who is flexible, reliable, dedicated and interested in contributing to society.
The Grants Officer role is to manage data collection to inform services, analyses of impact and for future provision. As the Grants Officer you will;
- Work with the Director and other relevant people to implement transparent and effective grant management processes
- Review grant applications and to ensure that applications are appropriately sought from sections of the BAME sector, according to Voice4Change principles in grant making
- Assess grant applications and make clear recommendations to a grants decision making panel according to the agreed timetable
- Ensure that financial recommendations made to the decision making panel are within the allocated budget
Work with the Voice4Change Infrastructure Officer and other infrastructure providers for the organisation to ensure that grant applicants, particularly small grassroots groups, have the support they need to make applications
- Work with colleagues in the Grants Management Team to provide guidance on monitoring and evaluation and to ensure that grant aided groups have a monitoring and evaluation system that is appropriate to their needs
- Organise a framework of data that needs to be collected to inform services, on impact, and to help plan for future programmes; to collect this data at regular intervals.
To succeed as a Grants Officer you will;
Be educated to a minimum of A Level qualifications or equivalent
Proven experience of grants management and strong project management skills
Excellent verbal and written communications skills, at ease with working in different cultural contexts and have the versatility to work within a diverse team
Excellent numerical literacy skills and ability to understand complex budgets. Ability to analyse, interpret and evaluate information with an eye for detail
Skilled in questioning, giving and processing feedback and making judgements. A problem-solver with the ability to prioritise
Voice4Change England is a national advocate for the Black and Minority Ethnic voluntary and community sector (BMS VCS). As the only national membership organisation dedicated to the BME VCS we speak up to policymakers on the issues that matter to the sector, bring the sector together to share good practice and develop the sector to better meet the needs of communities.
Due to the volume of applications, please be aware that if you do not hear back within two weeks of the closing date, sadly you have not been successful on this occassion.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.