Grassroots is a UK leader in suicide prevention. We have a simple but powerful goal: no one should have to contemplate suicide alone. We work locally and nationally with communities, organisations and individuals, helping them to become ready, willing and able to effectively support someone at risk of suicide, experiencing a mental health problem, or someone who self-harms. We help to create safe spaces in our communities to talk about suicide and we support people in all communities to develop the skills and confidence they need to save lives.
The Assistant Supporter Engagement and Fundraising Officer is a new opportunity to join an ambitious, forward-thinking, and growing team where your ideas and contributions will be highly valued. The post-holder will play a key part in the team by working across multiple income streams to engage and look after our supporters. They will also help develop new fundraising events and opportunities, as well as supporting our anti-stigma campaigns and working with high profile figures and celebrities.
Reporting to: Development Manager
Location: Grassroots Suicide Prevention, 11 Old Steine, Brighton BN1 1EJ
Salary: £22,183 pro rata (NJC Pay Scale 5)
Hours: 30 hours per week
Contract: Temporary (with potential for extension)
Annual leave: 28 days per annum pro rata
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send us the following, showing how you meet the person specification:
- Cover Letter (no more than two pages)
You should find all the information you need in the Letter to Potential Applicants and Job Description and Person Specification documents attached to this listing. You can also find the information on the recruitment page of our website.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 21st April. We will assess applications from Thursday 22nd April.
The first round of interviews will be held virtually at a time to be arranged with candidates in early May.
Make our supporters feel understood, appreciated, and connected to our work:
- Build and maintain positive relationships with community fundraisers, individual and corporate donors. You will support them throughout their fundraising journey
- Support the creation and delivery of communications for supporters, inc. welcome letters, fundraising packs, thank you letters and donation certificates
- Ensure all supporter data is recorded and kept up to date in our Salesforce database
- Work with the fundraising team to review and improve our supporter journey
- Work with the fundraising team to develop and deliver a yearly communications plan for supporters, inc, impact reports, client stories, and opportunities for supporters to have their say through surveys and online meetings
Create new opportunities for people to fundraise and get involved:
- Maintaining and improving the case for support and proposal library for the team
- Support the development and delivery of new and existing fundraising events and products to boost individual and community giving
- Support the development and delivery of fundraising and anti-stigma campaigns to boost giving and engagement with other areas of our work. This will include opportunities to build relationships with high profile figures and celebrities
Support our income from grants, trusts, and foundations:
- Research grant funding opportunities and collate relevant documents to prepare for applications
- Support the preparation of impact reports for funders
Work in support of the wider team as required:
- Providing excellent general administrative support for the team across all areas
- Act as a supportive and collaborative colleague, working in conjunction with others as necessary, providing occasional capacity to other areas in moments of pressure
- Represent Grassroots at external fundraising events as required
- Act as an ambassador for Grassroots at all times
- Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.