Grassroots is a UK leader in suicide prevention, and we have ambitious plans. As such we are seeking to appoint a Chief Executive with passion, drive, and experience in developing organisations and a commitment to reducing suicide.
We work locally and nationally with communities, organisations, and individuals, helping them to become ready, willing, and able to effectively support someone at risk of suicide, experiencing a mental health problem, or someone who self-harms.
Our training, signposting, and innovation helps save lives by enabling the kind of conversations that can really make a difference. We constantly work to fight stigma and encourage help-seeking through our thriving social media community and online presence.
We are funded through a mixture of training income, contracts, grants, and by the fundraising and donations of our wonderful supporters in the community. To date we have trained over 17,000 people in suicide prevention and our Stay Alive app has been downloaded over 150,000 times.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To set the strategic direction and objectives in collaboration with the Board and staff team, and achieve these through efficient and effective income generation, financial management, risk management and delivery of business plans.
- To enable the Board to fulfil its governance functions by providing good quality, appropriate and timely information and recommendations on all relevant matters.
- To provide effective leadership and management of the charity and staff team.
- To ensure that the charity is well administered and complies with Charities Commission requirements.
- To promote and develop the charity’s impact and profile locally, regionally and nationally, building relationships with key stakeholders and representing the charity in public forums.
- Hours: 22.5 hours per week, working pattern to be agreed
- Location: Central Brighton
- Benefits: 28 days plus Bank Holidays pro rata
- Pension: 3% Employer contribution
- Salary: £45,652 pro rata
- Applications close: Sunday, 26th July 2020
- The first round of interviews will be held virtually at a time to be arranged with candidates during the weeks of 27th July – August 3rd
HOW TO APPLY
The full job description and person specification is available on our website.
We are seeking applications by Personal Statement and CV, which should include up-to-date references which will be taken up if an offer is made. For an informal discussion about this opportunity with our Chair, Emma Mills-Sheffield, please get in touch via our website.