Are you looking for a role with real impact? Are you driven to use communications to change the world?
Greater Manchester Mayor’s Charity (GMMC) is an ambitious charity making a tangible difference across Greater Manchester, working to make homelessness a rare, brief and non-recurrent occurrence for people in our community.
Over the past two years, we have raised and invested £2m into this vision. Our future plans take this even further as we embark on new areas of work, including preventative programmes and ground -breaking accommodation solutions.
Central to this exciting expansion of the charity, our new Engagement & Communications Lead will harness the power of our social impact work to connect with new donors, collaborators and partners.
We’re building a vibrant community of change across the city region and we need a highly dynamic person to bring this to life.
This role comes with a large degree of creative freedom and is perfect for someone who really wants to take an engaging, ethical brand from the early stages through to scale. We have a highly-committed Trustee Board and dedicated team which works collectively and collaboratively on ongoing activity. You will also have the support of our high-profile communications agency, which provides design and PR support to the charity.
We take a robust, resourceful, and innovative approach, often looking beyond traditional models, and are proactively seeking someone who will bring valuable insights into this dynamic environment.
Hours: Full Time (although 0.8FTE would be considered and there is flexibility with working patterns)
Location: Home based (increased travel into Manchester City Centre once restrictions are lifted)
Reporting to: Head of GMMC (with additional oversight and direct working relationships with the Trustee Board)
Scope of Role:
- The role will take responsibility for all platforms including a redevelopment and management of our website, social media channels, media relations and targeted communications campaigns for existing and new stakeholders.
- You will be tasked with building relationships with the people and organisations we support, getting to know the work first-hand so that the brand is built with authenticity, originality and knowledge.
- The charity has a strong track record in creating major events and public fundraising campaigns, which you will help drive to maximise our fundraising potential.
- Above all, this role is about momentum building and fuelling the growth of the charity, achieved by insightfully capturing our impacts and sharing them through pioneering communications.
- Proven experience in devising, delivering and evaluating powerful communication and engagement initiatives across a range of channels and media
- Demonstrable collaborative and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders and engage across a complex landscape.
- Strong project management skills, including creative thinking and problem solving to achieve high-quality outputs.
- Experience of growing a thriving, dynamic brand.
- Highly credible with a serious interest in and curiosity about the charity’s aims and focus
- Genuine desire to tackle homelessness
- Naturally collaborative working style that embraces a non-hierarchical approach
- Impact focussed
- Common sense, calmness and sense of humour
- Energy, thoughtfulness and a willingness to muck in
- Self-reflective learning style, open to challenges
- Comfortable working in a small team and remotely
- Highest standards of integrity and professionalism
- A strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and a covering letter (of 2 pages max) explaining your motivation for applying for the role and expanding on your skills/experience in relation to above criteria.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.