Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Flexible hours
Location: Working from home with the requirement to attend weekly meetings across Greater Manchester
Reporting to: Board of Trustees
We are looking for a target-driven individual to take our Charity into the next phase of its growth. With a passion for addressing the issue of homelessness and disadvantage across Greater Manchester, you will be responsible for external partnerships, fundraising and communications.
Working with the Board of Trustees and a small team you will be responsible for co-designing and delivering a diverse fundraising strategy that seeks to generate income from a variety of sources. With excellent communication and people skills, you will be adept at maintaining and building new partnerships with senior stakeholders from a range of sectors. You will be responsible for ensuring the Charity can provide essential funding and support to Greater Manchester initiatives that tackle homelessness and disadvantage.
The Greater Manchester Mayor’s Charity values diversity. Dedicated to cultivating and upholding a culture of inclusion, we are committed to equal opportunity and anti-discrimination practices. We seek diversity in our applicants and are particularly interested in attracting applications from candidates from historically marginalised groups.
Fundraising & Grant Making
- Co-develop a fundraising strategy with the Head of Strategic Development that supports the Charity’s aims, includes a strong corporate supporter network, individual givers, campaigns, funder partnerships, and philanthropic income streams such as major donors, legacies, trusts and foundations
- Input into the development and implementation of the Charity’s grant-making strategy
- Responsible for meeting annual income targets set by the Trustees
External Engagement and Partnerships
- Act as an ambassador for the Charity, raise our profile and ensure that the Charity is recognised as a key voice within the homelessness ecosystem
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of homelessness issues and policy on a local and national scale
- Contribute to the vision and thought leadership in addressing homelessness, working collaboratively with the wider homelessness ecosystem across Greater Manchester
- Build and sustain strong relationships across the sector with multiple external stakeholders; non-profit delivery organisations; grantees, other funders, agencies, existing supporters and strategic partners
- Oversee all external communications, ensuring the Charity is represented positively across a range of platforms, including media enquiries, website and social media, creating and responding to new opportunities
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Strong experience in generating significant income from a variety of sources
- Demonstrable experience in delivering targets
- Experience in building and maintaining successful relationships with multiple stakeholders including corporate sponsors, public sector, policy makers, other funders and individuals
- Experience in delivering external communications across multiple platforms including websites and social media
- A willingness to learn about the issues and policies related to homelessness both locally and nationally
- Knowledge of the homelessness eco-system
- An understanding of modern grant-making
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with individuals at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex information clearly and concisely
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Highly credible with a genuine interest in the Charity’s aims and mission
- Self-starter motivated by difficult challenges and tenacious in solving them
- A great team player and naturally collaborative working style
- Open to learning and impact focussed
- Flexible, willing and able to respond to constant change and challenge
- Highest standards of integrity and professionalism
- A strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
How to Apply:
Please submit a copy of your CV with a cover letter outlining why you are suitable for the role. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter.
7th July 2022, 11:59pm
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.