Fundraising & Development Manager
Role Description – Fundraising & Development Manager
Purpose of the Role
Our Fundraising & Development Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the Fundraising Strategy for GMWSA. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will oversee the creation and execution of strategies to maximize fundraising and partnership opportunities. This role plays a critical part in identifying and nurturing relationships with donors, funders, and key stakeholders to drive financial growth and support our impactful work.
Additionally, our Fundraising & Development Manager will provide support to our nine Women’s Centres through training in bid writing, identifying funding opportunities and reviewing applications.
We are seeking a candidate with exceptional communication and organisational skills, a proven track record in fundraising, and a genuine passion for making a positive difference in the lives of women facing multiple disadvantage.
Our Fundraising & Development Manager will:
· Collaborate with the CEO to develop and implement the GMWSA income generation and fundraising strategy, aligning it with our financial goals and supporting programs and initiatives.
· Identify and cultivate relationships with individual donors, major donors, foundations, corporations, and other potential funding sources to secure diverse funding streams.
· Devise and execute a comprehensive partnership plan that fosters strong connections with new donors, ensuring mutual benefits and sustained engagement.
· Engage the Board of Trustees in supporting fundraising efforts and establishing key fundraising relationships.
· Lead the development of compelling fundraising materials, such as brochures, website content, and social media campaigns.
· Conduct research to identify grant opportunities, write grant proposals, and manage impactful reporting requirements for awarded grants from trusts, foundations, donors, and businesses.
· Identify localised funding opportunities for the Women's Centres and provide training and guidance in preparing and submitting applications as needed.
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor and fundraising records, monitor performance and results, and adapt strategies as necessary to optimise fundraising outcomes and best tell the story of GMWSA and its members.
· Stay informed about industry trends, best practices, and legal requirements pertaining to fundraising and charitable giving.
· Represent GMWSA at external events, conferences, and meetings to promote our work and cultivate relationships with potential donors and partners.
· Offer guidance and support to staff, volunteers, and Board Members in their fundraising endeavours, including training and mentoring opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Proven track record in fundraising with excellent results
· Outstanding communication and organisational skills
· Strong relationship-building and networking abilities
· Experience in developing and executing fundraising strategies
· Ability to craft compelling grant proposals and impact reports
· Knowledge of industry trends, best practices, and legal requirements related to fundraising and charitable giving
· Excellent project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
· Passion for empowering women facing multiple disadvantage