The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for shaping and implementing the strategic direction of GMWSA. The Chief Executive Officer also ensures the smooth running of the charity, provides leadership to staff, supports the Board of Trustees to fulfil its strategic and governance duties and ensures the delivery of grants and contracts.
- Provide leadership and direction for the organisation and its staff in line with our vision
- Clearly articulate and communicate GMWSAs vision, mission and values, to staff, partners and others
- Drive GMWSA’s strategy and business plan while establishing clear targets
- Ensure awareness of relevant current and changing legislation and good practice
Supporting the board
- Responsibility for working with and advising the Board of Trustees with regard to strategic developments, delivery of grants and contracts, opportunities and challenges.
- Responsibility for working with the Board to develop the relationship with members.
- Support the Board of Trustees to ensure that the organisation is in all aspects legally and financially compliant and operating to best practice.
- Advise and work with the Chair and Board of Trustees in developing its structures, and in formulating, reviewing and implementing policy.
- Promote and encourage multi-agency partnerships with third sector, statutory bodies and the funding and delivery of projects, following our code of ethics and strategy
- Ensure effective participation in relevant local and regional networks
- Act as media spokesperson: represent the work of GMWSA in publicity and media opportunities, with quotes and interviews, ensuring a consistently good public image and reputation.
Finances and Fundraising
- Accountable for fundraising from a range of sources to deliver GMWSA’s agreed strategic objectives in the medium term and working towards an increased sustainability in the long term
- Responsibility for liaising with funders, writing applications and applying for grants from various government funds, trusts and foundations
- Responsibility for securing corporate partnership
- Ensure grants are spent appropriately within aims of the charity, the grants’ terms and in
accordance with Charity Commissioner regulation
- Ensure effective grant management processes are in place across member organisation in order to deliver grants and contracts.
- Report to funders in a timely and accurate way
- Oversee budget management
- Oversee all financial reporting ensuring it is accurate and done on a timely and regular basis, including the annual accounts/annual report
- Provide leadership, direction and motivation for staff and volunteers
- Oversee the recruitment, training and management of staff, with an emphasis on wellbeing, honesty and empowerment.
- Line management of the Quality and Standards Officer, Business Manager and Contracts Manager
- Oversee the development and delivery of GMWSA’s services in line with the aims and objectives of the organisation
- Nurture and develop the relationship with all provider organisations, partners and associate members
- Identify areas of organisational development and take action
- Responsibility for identifying and managing risks within the organisation
- Ensure that the highest standards exist for good health and safety practices
- Manage the organisation with due regard to equal opportunities, safeguarding, the General Data Protection Regulations UK (GDPR), and the Data Protection Act
- Promote Diversity, Equality, Inclusion and Human Rights in all of the charity’s work and practices
- Sustain a staff culture where everyone is valued and equipped to do their job; where staff are empowered to take ownership of projects and where professional development is encouraged
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.