Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Do you want to help improve the life chances of care experienced young people in Manchester and make a positive impact on their lives and their community?
Greater Manchester Youth Network (GMYN) is a youth charity that creates opportunities so that disadvantaged young people from across Greater Manchester (GM) can take steps towards a positive future.
We support young people to be safe, valued and ambitious by delivering high quality programmes and building the capacity of other youth organisations.
We are recruiting two suitable people to join our care experienced teams to support the delivery of a new 3-year social action, life skills development and mentoring programme that will directly support Looked After Children and Care Leavers (CEYP) aged 12-25 in Manchester.
The Care Experienced Coordinators will directly support care experienced young people over three years via a mixture of weekly 1-1 support sessions, voluntereing and positive group activities, as well as offering them access to support from a mentor (via our partner Barnardo’s).
The fundamental aim of this new programme is to improve the life chances of CEYP in Manchester. The diverse programme activities will work in tandem to boost the confidence, self-esteem and life skills of CEYP, helping to prepare them for future independence, enhancing their life opportunities and reducing social isolation.
The workers will be expected to work independently and as part of the wider GMYN team, with opportunities to learn and share good practice through GMYN’s other programmes.
· To create an effective relationship with care leavers as well as young people who are in care; identifying their needs and help them to overcome barriers to participation.
· To provide appropriate support with a flexible approach to encourage participation in project activities.
· To enable participants to clarify their learning and development needs and draw up individual action plans.
· To support young people to participate in learning activities including training and volunteering.
· To work with volunteer involving organisations to develop volunteering and development opportunities for young people.
· Deliver positive training activities enabling young people to develop key life skills and gain the knowledge they need to support a positive future.
· To be led by and focussed on the aspirations of the young person, in order to offer the most effective support.
· To ensure that in the project all participants are safeguarded and that good safe practice is followed in all project activities.
· Ensure that provision is of the highest quality and achieves positive outcomes for children and young people.
· To monitor and evaluate the project/programme outputs and outcomes using GMYN’s data collection tools and report these to management and the funder.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities that contribute to the organisations overall aims and objectives.
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter
(no more than 2 sides of A4) that clearly shows:
• Your relevant skills and experience that matches the personal specification
• Your understanding of the needs of CEYP and your ability to deliver this programme
Please send your completed application via the charityjobs link.