Care Leavers Programme Coordinator
Salary: NJC scales 24-26 (£22,401—£23,866) pro rata
Hours: part time 28 hours per week.
Location: GMYN, Greenfish Resource Centre, 46-50 Oldham Street, Manchester, M4 1LE
(with a working base at the Leaving Care Team in Trafford)
Greater Manchester Youth Network (GMYN) is a youth charity that creates opportunities so that disadvantaged young people from across Greater Manchester (GM) can take steps towards a positive future.
We support young people to be safe, valued and ambitious by delivering high quality programmes and building the capacity of other youth organisations.
We are recruiting a new staff member to join our care experienced teams to support the delivery of a new 2-year volunteering life skills development and employability programme that will directly support Care Leavers aged 16-25 in Trafford.
The Programme Coordinator will directly support Care Leavers over two years via a mixture of weekly 1-1 and group sessions offering volunteering, social action, life skills training and employability workshops across Trafford.
The fundamental aim of this new programme is to improve the life chances of Care Leavers in Trafford. The youth led activities will ensure that any impact is long term. They will aim to help the individuals progress onto a positive and independent future.
The worker will be expected to work independently and as part of the wider GMYN team, with opportunities to learn and share good practice through GMYN’s other programmes.
· To create an effective relationship with care leavers identifying their needs and help them to overcome barriers to participation.
· To provide appropriate support with a flexible approach to encourage participation in project activities.
· To enable participants to clarify their learning and development needs and draw up individual action plans.
· To support young people to participate in learning activities including training and volunteering.
· Ensure all training on key areas such as job applications, accommodation support , health etc is delivered in a fun and engaging way to ensure learning and understanding.
· To monitor and evaluate the project/programme outputs and outcomes using GMYN’s data collection tools and report these to management and the funder.
· To work with volunteer involving organisations to develop volunteering and development opportunities for young people.
· Deliver positive training activities enabling young people to develop key life skills and gain the knowledge they need to support a positive future.
· To be led by and focussed on the aspirations of the young person, in order to offer the most effective support.
· To ensure that in the project all participants are safeguarded and that safe practice is followed in all project activities.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities that contribute to the organisations overall aims and objectives.
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter
(no more than 2 sides of A4) that clearly shows:
• Your relevant skills and experience that matches the personal specification
• Your understanding of the needs of CEYP and your ability to deliver this programme
Please send your completed application via the charityjobs link.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.