We are looking for a skilled and motivated Grants & Trusts Fundraiser to help us increase the charity’s income from trusts and other major grant makers.
Salary: £26,000 to £30,000, depending on experience (pro rata)
Hours: 28-35 hours per week (0.8 to 1.0 FTE), with flexible working hours offered
Location: UK-based but the successful applicant must be available to travel to our central Manchester office for required meetings on average once a month.
Apply By: Monday 5th July
Who are GMYN?
For many young people, the transition to adulthood isn’t easy. In the UK, one third of young people are lonely, half feel unready for work and half feel like they don’t belong to their community.
Our vision is #YoungPeopleCan and we help young people in Greater Manchester overcome this. We deliver a range of development programmes and drop-in activities to help young people aged 13-25 transition to adulthood feeling skilled, supported and positive.
Fundraising at GMYN
GMYN is in a strong position with an annual income of approximately £850k, funded by a diverse mix of grants, contracts, as well as community and corporate donations. Over the past five years, we have been committed to investing in our fundraising activity, resulting in a period of sustainability. Our new fundraising team was recognised as a success and we were awarded Highly Commended Fundraising Team of the Year at the North West Charity Awards 2019.
In 2020, a challenging year for income generation across the sector, we successfully developed a new fundraising approach, winning new funding for GMYN core costs alongside our consistently growing and developing programme delivery. Now, in 2021, after five years of successful fundraising development, we are in an exciting position to restructure and grow our fundraising team further.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, even if you don’t feel like your experience ticks every box on the person specification. While we are looking for some specific skills, we are much more interested in attitude, personal qualities and passion.
We also know that different people have relevant experience from many different aspects of life: at GMYN, we value lived experience just as much as we value experience gained through employment, volunteering or study.
• Proven experience of bid writing or other similar income generation work with demonstrable transferable skills.
• Ability to use a range of fundraising techniques related to securing unrestricted and restricted funding.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken with the ability to present confidently.
• Ability to self-manage, work independently to targets but also join up your work with the rest of the fundraising team.
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and workstreams with a “can do” attitude in order to produce positive results.
• Experience and/or understanding of producing impact reports and reporting to various audiences, ideally funders.
• Motivation to work towards the charitable purpose of the organisation.
• Knowledge and understanding of fundraising methods and changing trends in the funding environment.
• Experience of researching Trusts and identifying suitable income opportunities for both programme related and unrestricted core costs.
• Knowledge of the Voluntary and Community Sector and fundraising environment.
• Experience of writing successful grant applications to a variety of funders.
• Experience of using IT: key social media platforms, CRM/contact databases, the Microsoft Office Suite.
Whilst our staff team is diverse in many ways, we recognise that we are not currently representative of the diverse communities that we serve. We are currently working with specialist charities to adapt our practices to make sure that anyone, no matter their background, can work with us to their fullest potential. We therefore welcome applications from people from BAME backgrounds and people who identify as having additional needs or disabilities.
Further information on the role and more about GMYN can be found in the attached job pack.
Details on how to apply can be found in the attached job pack.
We are asking candidates to send a recent CV and two page cover letter answering a set of questions to be scored against the personal specification.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.