The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Greater Manchester Youth Network (GMYN) is a youth charity that creates opportunities so that disadvantaged young people from across Greater Manchester (GM) can take steps towards a positive future.
We support young people to be safe, valued and ambitious by delivering high quality programmes and building the capacity of other youth organisations.
We are recruiting a suitable person to work alongside our care experienced teams to support the delivery of life skills training and development activities. The support will be provided for care experienced young people (CEYP) across Oldham, Salford and Bury targeting CEYP who need support to take part in development activities, find progression routes and employment opportunities.
The Skills & Wellbeing Coordinator will be responsible for working closely with our delivery team and the young people they support. They will find suitable progression routes and development opportunities that focus on the following to improve employability:
· Health and wellbeing.
· Life skills.
· Volunteering activities that provide progression opportunities.
The worker will be expected to work independently and as part of the wider GMYN team, with opportunities to learn and share good practice through GMYN’s other programmes.
· Deliver employment/careers support and information to care experienced young people.
· Create realistic action plans/progression plans with young people.
· To work with volunteer involving organisations to develop volunteering and development opportunities for young people.
· Deliver positive training activities enabling young people to develop key life skills and gain the knowledge they need to support a positive future.
· Development and delivery of positive activities to improve the confidence and social skills of individual CEYP and enable them to improve their wellbeing.
· Liaise with and make referrals to other agencies as appropriate.
· To be led by and focussed on the aspirations of the young person, in order to offer the most effective support.
· Where appropriate provide help to find the right job and provide information and support on training and also job search techniques.
· To ensure that in the project all participants are safeguarded and that good safe practice is followed in all project activities.
· Ensure that provision is of the highest quality and achieves positive outcomes for children and young people.
· To monitor and evaluate the project/programme outputs and outcomes using GMYN’s data collection tools and report these to management to agreed deadlines.
· To comply with GMYN policies and procedures.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities that contribute to the organisations overall aims and objectives.
To apply, please send a CV and also a covering letter (no more than 2 pages A4) that shows relevant skills and experience that matches the specification. Further details on how to apply and a personal spec can be found on our website. The link is below.