Who are GMYN?
Many young people struggle with the transition to adulthood. In the UK, one third of young people are lonely, half feel unready for work and half feel like they don’t belong to their community.
At GMYN, our vision is #YoungPeopleCan and we help young people in Greater Manchester overcome this. We deliver a range of development programmes and drop-in activities to help young people transition to adulthood feeling skilled, supported and positive.
Founded in 2007 by our Chief Executive, Alex Fairweather, we have grown from a single volunteering project to a registered charity and have helped over 10,000 young people.
As the Trusts and Grants Fundraiser you will hold responsibility for increasing the charity’s income from significant trusts and other major grant makers to help GMYN substantially increase its trust, foundation and grant income.
You will be an experienced bid-writer with very strong attention to detail and a proven record in researching, designing and writing funding both project and core grant applications to relevant grant-making bodies (predominately trusts, foundations and national funding bodies).
This is the first time we have had a role exclusively devoted to Trusts and Grants fundraising, and we are looking for someone to build on the success we have had so far, developing stronger relationships with existing funders and increasing Trusts and Grants income by creating new opportunities, new relationships and being able to respond to opportunities when they arise.
We require someone who is proactive, persuasive and confident to use their own initiative. Reporting directly to the Head of Development and SMT, you will have the opportunity to steer real change and make a transformative difference to young people’s lives.
Joining #TeamGMYN: Our Offer
At GMYN, we strive to be inclusive. We are regularly reviewing our practices to create a safe, welcoming and supportive environment and encourage suggestions and feedback from staff to improve our offer.
Our offer currently includes access to
- The Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, including 5 ‘no-questions-asked’ ad-hoc wellbeing days
- Flexible working hours, including working from home options
- Childcare vouchers for those already accessing the scheme
- Accessible, ethical and gender-neutral office space
- Living wage, with processes to request performance-based payrises
- An 8% pension scheme with 3% employer contributions.
Whilst our staff team is diverse in many ways, people from BAME backgrounds and people with disabilities are currently under-represented, therefore applications from candidates who identify with these characteristics are welcomed and encouraged.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply to a range of major trusts or other grant giving bodies ensuring that applications are closely aligned to the objectives of the funder and that they meet GMYN’s aims and objectives.
- Ensure that GMYN is generating sustainable, unrestricted income by securing multi-year grants from trusts and foundations in addition to one off gifts.
- Identify prospective trusts and other grant bodies whose aims and objectives are aligned with GMYN
- Ensure GMYN is staying on the top of upcoming funding opportunities and is aware of the wider funding landscape
- Build and develop relationships with trusts with regular communication to deepen and nurture their support.
- Liaise closely with GMYN’s Senior Fundraiser and communications team to ensure relevant case studies and marketing can be used to promote GMYN’s impact to stakeholders and funders.
- To take part in and contribute to strategy and planning meetings alongside other members of the business and fundraising Team.
- Work closely with GMYN’s Senior Fundraiser to develop and manage the annual fundraising plan.
- Keeping comprehensive records of all trust and grant fundraising activities and be able to comprehensively report the impact to funders and stakeholders via various methods.
- Ensure the appropriate recognition of grants and gifts made to ensure relationships are maintained.
Further information can be found on the personal specification attached to this advert
Further information and how to apply
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) that clearly shows:
· Your relevant skills and experience that matches the personal specification
· Your reasons for wanting to join GMYN
Closing date for applications: Monday 12th April – noon.
Please note: any applications sent after this time will not be accepted.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 22nd April and are planned to take place in person subject to safety and lockdown measures.
(successful shortlisted candidates will be informed by Friday 16th April)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.