(We normally offer a starting salary at the beginning of the range)
Full-time (37.5h) / Permanent
Greenpeace is an international non-profit global campaigning organisation. Our independence and global reach enable us to stand for positive change through action in order to defend nature and promote peace. We investigate and expose global environmental problems, confront those in positions of power and present alternative solutions.
This is an opportunity to bring together all your communication, organisational and customer service skills to keep our supporters and the public informed and inspired.
Responding to a high volume of enquiries from supporters and the general public, you’ll be expected to write engaging emails and letters and to confidently answer direct questions via telephone. These will range from routine administrative enquiries to questions about the environment and our campaigns.
You’ll also be responsible for a variety of customer service and administrative tasks in handling these enquiries, from thanking supporters and sending them further interactive content to updating the supporter database, processing donations and, where appropriate, negotiating with and motivating people to continue their support.
- Experience in a supporter care or customer service environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a warm, friendly manner and the ability to handle difficult conversations with understanding and empathy.
- The ability to keep abreast of our campaigns and to communicate this information clearly to supporters/the public by phone and in writing.
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills with great attention to detail and the ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Great team skills, a flexible approach, a passion for Greenpeace’s work and a real desire to share this with others.
You’ll be encouraged to develop both personally and professionally, taking advantage of the wide range of learning and development opportunities available to our staff. We offer great benefits such as a generous pension scheme, subsidised lunches, free yoga and a wealth of well-being resources, just to name a few. Take a look at our Work for Greenpeace pages to find out more about what it’s like to work for us and why you should apply.
We are happy to consider flexible working requests as part of the recruitment process.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.
Greenpeace UK is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or any other category protected by law.
CLOSING DATE: 9am, 31st January 2022
INTERVIEWS: Provisionally 10th & 11th February