At Greenstream Flooring CIC, we relate our success directly to the strength of our management team. To continue operating at our high standards, we are seeking an experienced general manager to join us. As an ideal candidate, you will be a born leader with previous managerial experience. You will have proven experience overseeing operations, and potentially human resources, finance, and communications departments, too. You are an expert communicator with a strong ability to delegate responsibilities and collaborate across a wide range of departments. Ultimately, you are driven by the desire to lead a team toward maximum productivity and efficiency. Such is the importance of this role you will report directly to the Board.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the growth and development of the business
- Managing proactive development plans
- To report monthly to the board of directors using the agreed template and process and any additional issues or feedback
- To oversee induction, training and supervision of all staff, placements, and volunteers
- Management and development of staff members
- To work to agreed budgets and purchasing processes
- Oversight and management of externally funded programs
- To organise resources for projects
- To oversee inventory, ordering products where necessary
- To keep records of relevant data and record KPIs
- To record and update work processes
- Contribute to marketing output
- Ensure health and safety requirements are followed
- To work in conjunction with the finance director to manage credit control
- To oversee our 'take back' scheme of reusing carpet tiles
- To ensure the CRM and project information is up to date and accurate
- To manage day to day activities, including but not limited to; diary planning and management, communicating with all team members, office management, collection of timesheets, following company policies and procedures, using agreed systems.
- Proven experience in a managerial role
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans
- Ability to delegate, motivate and lead people, and hold employees accountable
- High levels of emotional intelligence
- Able to deal with pressure without adversely affecting the team
- Able to accept constructive feedback
- Works well within a team
- Full UK driving licence and use of an appropriate vehicle for work purposes
- Committed to promoting the Welsh Language.
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field
- Previous performance evaluation experience
- Working knowledge of human resources processes
- Experience of working with volunteers
- An understanding of working within a social enterprise or non-profit sector organisation
We are committed to equality of opportunity and diversity, and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, marital or family status, religious belief, disability, age, race, nationality or sexual orientation.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter stating how you meet the person specification.
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th June 5pm.
Candidates will be notified if they have been successful for an interview by 5pm Wednesday 7th July.
Interviews week commencing 12th July.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.