Background information on Grief Encounter South West:
We are the Bristol branch of a nationally renowned children's bereavement charity Grief Encounter, who are based in London. We are pleased to be expanding and are now looking for a proactive, versatile professional fundraiser to join our team and assist with growth.
Overall Job Purpose:
To help provide an effective fundraising function to support the delivery of the organisations therapeutic objectives. This involves primarily Trusts and Grants applications alongside developing relationships, helping organise events and working to support the fundraising structures and staff in place. You will working alongside and supporting a Fundraising Manager in the Bristol office.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and develop a portfolio of trusts, foundations and grant-making organisations, identify new funding opportunities and submit high quality applications
- Help plan, organise and attend fund raising events
- Research new potential funders and grant opportunities
- Build and nurture long-term relationships with new and existing funding sources through regular communication to maximise value and duration of support
- Assist in managing incoming community and general fundraising enquiries
- Help identify relevant companies for charity of the year partnerships
- Assist with talks, events and cheque presentations etc to maintain the public profile
- Meet fundraising budgets and targets as agreed each year
- Work within legislation and guidance from the Institute of Fundraising to maintain standards
- Maintain systems for donation processing, Gift Aid claims, data management and donor stewardship and ensure the database is kept up-to-date
- Monitor and report on fundraising activities monthly, as requested
- Liaise with other staff eg clinical about fundraising content, including ‘shopping lists’ and examples of our work or fundraising lead on work plans and tasks
- Build relationships which promote the charity and its aims
- Promote legacies and memorial giving where time allows
- Operate in accordance with the organisation’s employment, Health and Safety, equal opportunities, all legal requirements, organisational practices, policies & procedures.
- Help develop and maintain voluntary fundraising roles to support growth
- Ensure sound book keeping and accounting for all fundraising
- Any other reasonable duties requested to achieve organisational aims.
- Preparing and delivering written fundraising applications & budgets.
- Creating and developing strong and successful relationships with funders
- Two years’ experience of charity fundraising with Trusts and Foundations
- Track record of generating income opportunities
- Experience of using fundraising databases
- Corporate fundraising
- Demonstrable strategic planning / development to increase funding
- Confidence with Etapestry
Knowledge and skills
- Relevant qualification
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and take the initiative to solve problems
- Good organisational skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and to balance planned work with reactive pieces of work that arise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and phone manner
- Computer literate and familiar with using common IT programmes
- Presentation/ public speaking skill
- Fundraising qualification
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong operational and organisational skills.
- Good relationship builder with strong inter-personal skills
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Ability to work independently, proactively and under own initiative
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Access to own transport
- Sense of humour
- Calm under stress
- Ability to multi task and prioritise
Terms and Conditions of employment
Salary: dependent upon experience, approx £23-26,000 pro rata
Conditions of employment: Part time contract approx 2days per week initially (tues & wed)
Probationary period: This post is subject to a probationary period of 12 months. There will be a staff review at 6 months and again at 12 months.
Application deadline: Monday 12th March
Interview Dates: W/C Monday 16th March
With a view to Start Asap
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.