As a Grants Officer/Caseworker you will join a busy team of six within GroceryAid, Sandhurst. Our motivated and dedicated team members are focused on supporting people to apply for help, delivering a high standard of client experience and keeping detailed, clear records.
Your days will be rewarding and varied and include acting as the first point of contact and managing a caseload of applicants to ensure all required information is ready for review.
You will have administrative experience of working in a busy, customer facing environment, ideally case holding and working with a vulnerable client group.
Full induction training will be given followed by a structured personal development plan which will include benefits training and a deep understanding of the support and signposting available to clients. Due to governement guidelines we are currently working from home and all IT equipment and support will be provided for this.
Would suit someone who has worked in the charitable or not for profit sector particularly Housing or Advice work.
- Minimum 2 years (must have been worked in one role) caseworker experience working with a vulnerable client group.
- Excellent administration skills with an eye for detail.
- Strong client servicing skills used to dealing with difficult situations.
- Trained and knowledgeable in welfare benefits and financial budgeting
- High energy, drive and passion to deliver the best experience for our applicants whilst working at pace across multiple cases.
- Confident communication skills to ensure that you both collect the information needed and set realistic expectation to clients to enable impactful grants and drive satisfaction.
- Confident with Microsoft Office, and used to working on a CRM database.
GroceryAid is a benevolent fund which helps people who work or have worked in the Grocery industry. We have been providing emotional, practical and financial support for grocery people since 1857. In the last year the charity has seen an increase in applications for financial support, the number of financial grants paid is up. We are recruiting to meet this increased demand.
Location: initially working from home, in the current climate, but then generally office based in Sandhurst, Berkshire
Salary: from £22,000 - £24,000
Hours: Full-time 34 hours a week
Leave: 25 days (+circa 3 at Christmas)
Excellent pension scheme
Private Health and Dental Insurance
Please apply with a cover email and CV demonstrating your suitablility for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested as CV's are reviewed regularly.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.