Role: Torbay Green Spaces Engagement & Training Officer
Salary: Circa £20,000 per annum (Circa £25,000 FTE)
Hours: 30 hours a week, work pattern to be agreed
Contract Type: 12 month Fixed Term to 30th September 2020, with possibility of extension
Operational Area: Devon & Cornwall
Location: Paignton, working across Torbay
A community charity, at Groundwork South, we are changing places, changing lives across the South of England, one green step at a time
If you have a passion for community development and resilience building, can inspire, educate and motivate volunteers to make things happen and want to take an active role in improving and safeguarding Torbay’s Parks and Open Spaces then we have the right job for you!
We are looking for a ‘Torbay Green Spaces Engagement and Trainer Officer’ to work on a new project, engaging and recruiting volunteers to enhance and sustain Torbay’s parks and open spaces through supporting the sustainability of existing, and creation of new, Friends of Parks Groups and Forums.
Key skills that we are looking for,
- Fantastic engagement, presentation and communication skills
- A community capacity builder able to bring out the best in every community
- Someone with a strong community focus, to understand the local area and meet the needs of the local communities across Torbay.
- Knowledge of and practical skills in environmental conservation and land management.
- A Trainer, with at least an AET/PTLS qualification as a minimum requirement.
- To be able to work independently at a fast pace, managing competing deadlines and priorities
- This is a fantastic opportunity to help safeguard the correct management of Torbay’s Parks and Open Spaces and leave a legacy for the people of Torbay to enjoy for many years to come.
This role requires a Full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle for which you will need to be insured for business use. Employees are able to claim back mileage rates as per our Expenses Policy.
In return we offer:
- 25 days per annum plus English Bank Holidays
- A contributory pension scheme
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
Closing date: 4th September 2019
Interview date: 11th September 2019
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply' button to be directed to our site. There you can download the application pack.
Groundwork South is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable groups. Inline with our Safer Recruitment & Selection Policy and Procedure, successful applicants are subject to references and an enhanced with barred lists disclosure check.
We are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate our commitment we have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service.
We shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our workforce and in service delivery.
Groundwork South is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age.
No agencies please.