Groundwork is a charity working to transform lives in the UK’s most disadvantaged communities. We are passionate about creating a future where every neighbourhood is vibrant and green, every community is strong and able to shape its own destiny and no-one is held back by their background or circumstances. We help people gain confidence and skills, get into training and work, protect and improve green spaces, lead more active lives and overcome significant challenges such as poverty, isolation, low skills and poor health.
Grant and Fundraising Manager
Salary: £30,000 – £34,000 depending on experience
Hours: 37 hours per week
Operational Area: West Midlands
Location: Tipton / Birmingham offices to be agreed – with regular travel
This is a great opportunity for a Grant and Fundraising Manager to work closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to grow the business activities of Groundwork West Midlands.
The Grant and Fundraising Manager’s core purpose is to work with the CEO, members of the SMT and the Board to identify and develop new business and funding opportunities, to enable GWWM to meet our charitable objectives. You will provide support to the CEO in the identification of opportunities, development and submission of proposal, and managing the bid/tender processes from scoping through to implementation.
Responsibilities and Tasks include:
- Gain a full understanding of all areas of the business to enable post-holder to identify and develop new opportunities.
- To undertake a market analysis to identify opportunities for growth, and to lead on the development of appropriate business products and services as agreed with the CEO.
- Identify opportunities for service development through new funding streams, partnership, and commissioning opportunities.
- Lead on the management and preparation of all:
- Funding bids
- Business proposals
- Coordinate the implementation of agreed new projects with the responsible member of SMT, and help to develop monitoring plans, and co-ordinating reporting arrangements.
- Develop positive relationships with a range of stakeholders providing funding to charities, including 3rd Sector, Public Sector, and the Business Sector, to raise awareness and promote the business within the Region.
- Build relationships and partnerships and pursue funding avenues to realise new service activity in line with the company’s charitable objectives.
- Implement and facilitate the companies Funding Committee and developing the organisation’s funding strategy in partnership with the CEO and participating trustees.
What we need from you:
- Possess a proven track record (2 to 3 years or more) of leading successful applications to grant makers and charitable trusts.
- Have experience in corporate fundraising and donor stewardship.
- Have experience operating bid/proposal information systems, including commissioner portals and ability to utilise internal systems and data.
- Have experience of a broad variety of business/fundraising opportunities relevant to the charitable sector.
- Have proven experience of developing and maintaining excellent relationships with key stakeholders to deliver tangible results.
- A current UK Driving Licence, with access to your own vehicle.
Salary/package: £30,000 - £34,000 depending on experience. Working Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week. Core hours are from 10am – 4pm, with some flexibility of starting earlier/finishing later. 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays. We offer flexible working conditions and plenty of on-the-job training and support.
All necessary PPE will be provided by the company. Laptop, mobile phone, and mileage allowance.
Closing date: 5pm on Tuesday 18th May 2021
Please apply now to avoid disappointment!
If you would like to find out more information about this position, please download the attached Job Brief.
Click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter clearly stating how your experience/qualifications meet the requirements of this role, it will be sent automatically to us.
No agencies please.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your skills and reasons for applying to 'Groundwork West Midlands HR Manager'.